Street register a wr 450 & 250 in cali??

4 replies to this topic
  • astrocreep

Posted January 20, 2003 - 08:05 AM

How much hassle will it be to street regieter these bikes in cali? Are they both red sticker bikes?

• Tom14911

Posted January 20, 2003 - 11:45 AM

Hassle - Yes. Red sticker - Yes Technically red stickers bikes cannot recieve plates. Before everyone jumps on me, I do know that several have slipped through the cracks. If the 8th digit of the vin is a "3" or "C" = red sticker = no plates.

Tom Maguire

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drift

Posted January 20, 2003 - 08:13 PM

I heard that the WR was a green sticker, I'm thinking of getting a WR for me and TT125LE for my wife. Getting them both plated so we could ride from our house to the trail head. The prominant Yamaha Dealership im my area did not say that there would a problem when I discussed this with him...am I wrong? If so, no WR for me. :)

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted January 21, 2003 - 09:13 AM

The WR 450 on display at the Long Beach CA motorcycle show in Dec was a red sticker bike because of the check digit in the VIN.
Your dealer is after your non refundable deposit.

• big_G

Posted January 21, 2003 - 11:30 AM

as already said, check the 8th digit, that will tell you if satan (the DMV...) wants you to wear his sticker...

now, if the dealer will pull the greenie out and stick it on the bike for you, in front of you AND turn in the DMV paperwork properly for your streetbike then you will be able to get/keep plates for 1 yr (satan catches you at plate renewal time...), for 2 yrs (satan catches you at greenie renewal time...), or maybe somehow, you slip thru the cracks (not something I'd wager $6800 on today...) AND keep your soul :)

otherwise, I'd seek the "other" solution of which I will not disclose publicly...

either way, by all means, please post your progress, there are those of us who'd love to do the same

'03 with plates, oh yeah...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.