new 08 wr450 owner lookin for good mods

10 replies to this topic
  • Kooter

Posted November 16, 2008 - 09:46 PM

my bike is box stock and im looking for mods to make. Been out of the game for about 5 years and this is my first four stroke. what should i do first?

• SXP

Posted November 17, 2008 - 06:39 AM

Start here: http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=439173 :thumbsup: :moon:

All 07 mods apply to the 08.

• chevytrkn1

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:14 PM

performance mods i did to mine, Dr' D exhaust, JD jetted, open airbox with uni filter, Ais removal. gray wire, Throttle stop. Other were protection Skid plate, rad.gaurds, hand gaurds, both new tires, Added 2 teeth to the rear sprocket.
Really enjoy the way it runs now.

• Kooter

Posted November 17, 2008 - 08:47 PM

thanx for the info im gonna go with the re jet and ais removal on mine and i will go from there. sat will be my first ride on it we'll see how it goes.

• Ash26600

Posted November 18, 2008 - 01:21 AM

Bigger rear sprocket is the cheapest and most effective mod IMO.

More punch down low and better choice of gears for hill climbing etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff_Steckline

Posted November 18, 2008 - 06:41 AM

The biggest mod you can make to that bike is suspension. Jeff S

• beijingWR

Posted November 20, 2008 - 06:11 PM

I've just taken delivery of an '09 450 (after many years with a CRF!). I'm in China - a long way from Dealer support - and am struggling through the de-restrictions. The origins of my bike are sketchy, but it appears to be US spec. I have seen many threads talking about an Yamaha supplied document that goes through the process of race prepping the bike. Unfortunately I don't have this. First question - how much to cut off the throttle stop? Is it the same as the 2007/8?

• Tile Guy

Posted November 20, 2008 - 10:05 PM

about how much should i expect to pay to do my throttle, grey wire, and ais. at the dealer.

• buggs bunny

Posted November 21, 2008 - 07:20 AM

I've just taken delivery of an '09 450 (after many years with a CRF!). I'm in China - a long way from Dealer support - and am struggling through the de-restrictions. The origins of my bike are sketchy, but it appears to be US spec. I have seen many threads talking about an Yamaha supplied document that goes through the process of race prepping the bike. Unfortunately I don't have this. First question - how much to cut off the throttle stop? Is it the same as the 2007/8?

total leangth of the screw is one inch.

• snaggletooth

Posted November 22, 2008 - 01:24 AM

you can have my tip upgrade for free, this will save you some cash, it's much better than just removing the pea shooter. It's a must do upgrade if you don't have the cash for an aftermarket pipe (from an 07' WR450F). Tile guy if your in SoCa (IE area) I'll help you for free, it's an easy mod.
Posted Image

• Mutu

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:05 PM

Free mods, plus suspension and exhaust. That is all.
Then you got yourself a good dirtbike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.