Seal savers, are they worth it?

5 replies to this topic
  • Jcmagone

Posted January 20, 2003 - 05:59 AM

Is anyone out there using the seal savers that can tell me their opinion. I was looking at buying a set but was concerened that would just be another spot to trap dirt against my fork.

• John_Lorenz

Posted January 20, 2003 - 06:27 AM

Yes they are worth every penny

• ^SQUID^_Thumper

Posted January 20, 2003 - 06:35 AM

I tried them last season, and eventually ended up taking them off. I thought they trapped too much mud and moisture, despite trying to clean them at the car wash after every ride. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • edareus

Posted January 20, 2003 - 08:54 AM

Before Seal Savers, two new sets of fork seals. :) After Seal Savers, no new seals. 'nough said! :D

• neWRiver

Posted January 20, 2003 - 09:02 AM

In my experience (in a pretty dry climate), they work very well. They will trap some very fine dust, but they also act as an additional "wiper" for larger particles which would otherwise be trying to compromise the fork wipers/seals. They do seem to retain moisture for a little while and I have no real experience with how well they work in extremely muddy conditions.

Posted January 20, 2003 - 09:20 AM

If you are looking for the best seal savers contact me Gary 801-642-0070x202 or 801-789-2429, They cover the whole tube and work great, cost is $15 to $20

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.