Best Tire to Buy???

Hey all, I haven't posted anything since last riding season (CA), but it's good to be back and have access to TT's vast knowledge. Anyways, I need a new rear tire for my YZ450F, and I've narrowed it down to 3:

1. Maxxis Maxx Cross Soft/Intermediate

2. Michelin M-12

3. Dunlop D756

I'd like a tire for muddy and or sandy conditions, with some hard, dry rides in between the rain. Out of these 3 tires, which one wears the best, and has the best mud handling? I'm currently running the D756 and I loved it, but it wore out way too quickly. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Just looked it up, it is the Pirelli Scorpion XC MS Front.

I absolutely LOVED that front tire for many years. I am just getting back into Haresrambles after about 7 years off (was road racing)

The tire sut flat WORKS in all terrain IMO, which is important around GA for me. Over a lap of a harescramble you run across rocky trails, slick red clay, loam, sticky mud, sand, rooted trails and anything else you can think of.

Anyways, I need a new rear tire for my YZ450F, and I've narrowed it down to 3:

1. Maxxis Maxx Cross Soft/Intermediate

2. Michelin M-12

3. Dunlop D756

The Maxxis is too heavy, the 756 wears too fast, and neither works as well as the M-12. But you might consider the D952. Great wear, good price, & better in both sand and mud than a 756.

The m12 is the best wearing tire Ive had. the 756s and 745s are great performing tires, If all you ride is pure dirt you really cant go wrong with either.Great tires. However, if you mix in some pavement and or gravel roads they are toast quick 3-4 rides and they show tremendous wear. I like the M12s in the softer/loose/ to intermedieat dirt, but on pure hard pack they are scrary. Pavement feels alot like ridding on gravel with the m12. They last really well. Ive heard that the s12 rear lasts even longer but probley even more slippery on the hard stuff. Its a pretty tough choice when buying longer lasting tires they do last longer but there are some compromises usually, like weight and traction on hard pack. The m12s are a pretty good compromise the 952s are decent as well but I think the m12s do last a bit longer. Ive read the m12 front and s12 rear is a good way to go but have not had the chance to try it yet.

I would go with the Maxxis Desert IT..love that tire for the rear. Don't even think about getting it for the front...it will wash out like crazy.

A desert IT in the rear and a d756 on the front is a tough combo to beat for So Cal terrain. You didn't mention what part of CA you are from, but if you are riding the desert down here I would give the Maxxis desert IT a look.