'04 Plate holder

8 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted November 15, 2008 - 04:12 PM

I've use a Baja Designs plate holder on my DS'ed '04 for quite a while, and it has taken a lot of abuse. But while running an event last weekend it finally broke off (and I lost my plate).

I was just going to order another from BD but they no longer list it on their site. The only other one I found was from scott's performance but it looks pretty flimsy.

Any one got any suggestions?

• soco3594

Posted November 15, 2008 - 05:53 PM

A place called Ballards in Australia sell a really good one with integrated LSD taillight which I just bought. Its small and well built, not sure if its any use to you in Australia but... Go to www.ballards.cc and look in the electrical section of the catalogue if you want to check it out

• maxtherat

Posted November 15, 2008 - 09:33 PM

I have used the Scotts one for the last 5+ years w/o any problems.

• phynx

Posted December 03, 2008 - 08:54 PM

I made my own in about 20 minutes if you don't mind go to Home D. They are framing brackets. I added the LED underneath. Cost 1.68 + a couple small rivets. 500 miles and still good.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted December 04, 2008 - 07:01 AM

I, too have the Scott"s plate bracket on my 03 wr 450. Next month it will be on the bike 6 years and over 7000 miles. I did add a plate backer about 5 years ago but that was to strengthen the license plate, not the bracket.
Jim

• PBDBLUE

Posted December 04, 2008 - 07:04 AM

+1 on the Scotts. It's not flimsy and far and away the best holder I've come across for the WR. Had it on the bike for 6000+ hard DS miles and never a problem. Tucks the plate up nice and close so it's well protected. Downside is there's no plate light so if that concerns you you'll have to fab something up. I've never worried about it and never been hassled about it either.

• T Sure

Posted December 06, 2008 - 12:21 PM

UFO makes a rear fender that has a plastic bracket that will bolt to your stock rear fender with some cutting mods. However the stock UFO fender for dual sports is soo thin it moves around on the trail like its sick or something.. So I ordered a stocker rear fender and modified the UFO plate holder to fit my stock rear fender. More pix later. No problems yet.

• phynx

Posted January 23, 2009 - 06:52 PM

I made my own in about 20 minutes if you don't mind go to Home D. They are framing brackets. I added the LED underneath. Cost 1.68 + a couple small rivets. 500 miles and still good.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
[COLOR="Blue"]Made mine a little different, but the same idea with these other brackets I seen today. Just trim one of these guys, wire your tail light, and your good.:banana:[/COLOR]

• T Sure

Posted January 24, 2009 - 11:42 AM

120308_13341

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.