Exhaust DB reading for legal riding???

7 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted November 15, 2008 - 11:32 AM

Im getting ready to run the LA barstow toVegas DS event and I am concerned about my exhaust combo not passing the 96DB limit. I have a FMF TI powercore and a mega bomb header. Has anyone ever ran this combo and gotten a DB reading? I know what fmf says it blows but I dont trust it and would rather hear from someone who has actually been tested with this combo on a WR. My bike is an 07 WR450. I would hate to plan everything get there and be turned away. I have the stock spark arrestor that came with the pipe on. Thanks.

• steve lemley

Posted November 17, 2008 - 09:25 AM

Anyone???

• KennyMc

Posted November 17, 2008 - 01:47 PM

Sorrry, I have the same slip on but have never tested it. You can get the quiet insert if you want to make sure. Don't know if that works in conjunction with the spark arrestor screen though.:thumbsup:

• Westie

Posted November 17, 2008 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, if they're testing they will be doing it there so, bring your quiet core insert. If not, run it open!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 17, 2008 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, if they're testing they will be doing it there so, bring your quiet core insert. If not, run it open!

is the test at idle only? or is there more to it?

• steve lemley

Posted November 18, 2008 - 01:53 PM

At idol from 20 inches away I think. Im fairly certain Im okay especially with the mega bomb header which lowers DB 1 to 1.5 but I just want to make sure Im following the rules and can ride. :thumbsup:

• seehogs

Posted November 22, 2008 - 08:41 PM

CA tests bikes at certain RPM depending on model. Yzf/wr's are almost always the loudest with aftermarket pipes. My YZ426 had to have the quiet insert to pass when using the pro moto spark arrester on stock muffler.

• tribalbc

Posted November 22, 2008 - 08:49 PM

It's 4500rpm for a Wr450.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.