03-05 Devol Rad guards on 07?

5 replies to this topic
  • qwik12beat

Posted November 15, 2008 - 06:21 AM

My local shop has had these radiator guards for ever. They are for 03-05 450, and im just wandering if they will fit my 07 450 before i go snag em.Thanks

• rexbond007

Posted November 15, 2008 - 08:15 PM

most likley not, if they are keen on selling you them, they should let you take them out of the package and see if you can modify them a little to fit , it would be close.
my rad guards are from my 05 RMZ 250, i had to a little cutting and welding to get them to fit my 07 yz 450F.

• qwik12beat

Posted November 16, 2008 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtxkid

Posted November 16, 2008 - 07:51 AM

Are they real heavy.:moon:

I hate to see a lot of top end weight.:moon:

I noticed a big differance on my bike when i bought the DR.D pipe that allows you to drop the radaitors about an inch.:thumbsup:

You will notice it.
Just my 2 cents

• gtxkid

Posted November 16, 2008 - 07:53 AM

might look at the Works Conection.
I have been using more and more of there stuff.

• qwik12beat

Posted November 16, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:They do have a little weight to them, but not much. Im going to start racing gncc so i have to start beefing things up. I agree on not having alot of topend weight. How do you go about lowering your radiators?I assume the dr.d pipe drops down low.I know the stock pipe is about an inch from the radiator.On a sidenote,it's snowing. I love to ride in the snow:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.