Some pics of racing my wr this season

13 replies to this topic
  • tribalbc

Posted November 14, 2008 - 04:14 PM

So in one of the HS series I race in we had a pro photographer taking shots of everyone throughout the season. Here's my shots :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• tribalbc

Posted November 14, 2008 - 04:24 PM

Here's some shot's of other riders in the mud we so love :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• S1rst

Posted November 14, 2008 - 04:38 PM

Brilliant pictures there mate! The muddy pics look like fun! Very deep and boggy! :thumbsup: :moon:

• MaxPower

Posted November 14, 2008 - 05:17 PM

[COLOR="Green"]that was really neat
Thanks for posting them
You look like you had alot of fun this past season[/COLOR]

• tribalbc

Posted November 15, 2008 - 03:51 PM

Thanks guys :moon:
Yeah the mud can be alot of fun. It can also wear you out real quick if you get stuck :thumbsup:
Find a line and if it works don't go exploring next lap :moon:

• SXP

Posted November 15, 2008 - 04:11 PM

VERY NICE!

BTW, how do those glasses work? Are they prescription? Why glasses and not goggles?

• tribalbc

Posted November 15, 2008 - 04:51 PM

Safety glasses. I overheat and fog with goggles. I've taken rock hits to them before and they work :thumbsup:
Even though none of these pictures are of tight riding the majority of the riding in our races is tight, slow, gnarly stuff. We cover 40-50 miles in 3hrs.

I also work heli-skiing all winter and wear sunglasses on all but the stormiest of day's. I just don't really like goggles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted November 15, 2008 - 04:57 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I tried the glasses a couple of times. They fogged for me

Remember when Dick Burleson use to wear glasses while on his way to winning everything all the time?

I cant imagine getting a WR450 stuck in that mud.Id have to have a winch mounted to my forks[/COLOR]

• tribalbc

Posted November 15, 2008 - 05:05 PM

You can't have them to close to your eye's, need a little airflow :moon:

Now I just need to develop some roll off's for them :moon:

Been using them for quite a few years now, they work for me :thumbsup:

Yeah those old Dick photo's go a few years back.

I definately try to choose my lines wisely. Better to take a moment to find an alternate line than have to drag a WR out of that goo.

• craig652

Posted November 16, 2008 - 12:11 PM

Good pictures! What type of license plate bracket is that you have on the rear fender? How do you like it, does it keep the plate out of the back tire, how do I get one? Thanks

CR

• tribalbc

Posted November 16, 2008 - 03:59 PM

Good pictures! What type of license plate bracket is that you have on the rear fender? How do you like it, does it keep the plate out of the back tire, how do I get one? Thanks

CR

Homemade with a piece of aluminum, a bender, drill and rivets. Really easy to do.
If I bottom out I will crunch the fender.

Posted Image

• phoo

Posted November 17, 2008 - 12:34 AM

Nice pics! They make me want to see if I can find some offroad competition out here instead of / in addition to some supermotard. :thumbsup:

~Patrick

• simica

Posted November 17, 2008 - 06:40 PM

Nice pictures, looks like a fun course, but I'm not much of a mud fan. One question, how come there are no numbers on your bike? I notice the little green sticker on front, but there is got to be more than that. I also have a riding buddy that doesn't like to wear goggles so you're not alone.

• tribalbc

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:02 PM

These pictures are actually from a bunch of races through the season. Just the stuff close to the start since or courses go over miles of bush with no real access except bikes.
Numbers aren't mandatory in our series. Maybe half the people run them. It would be usefull for knowing who's in your class sometimes....
Since my bike is plated I opt not to run the #'s to keep a low profile. I have trails between 1 & 3 miles of pavement from my house so that's as far as my pavement riding goes but I do see cops sometimes.
The green stickers are just a 96db pass.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.