Checking before I buy

6 replies to this topic
  • zimak

Posted November 14, 2008 - 01:53 PM

Ok time for some cosmetic maintenance.

2006 WR450F.

Just wanting to make sure as I'm new to this particular year WR.

Acerbis rad shrouds from RockyMtn
Acerbis front fender from RockyMtn
Acerbis rear fender from RockyMtn

now in the picture on the rear fender it looks like a YZ with no tail light mount. I'm ok with that but is that what comes or is it a WR fender and just the wrong picture?

Now the main question.

Decals, I'm looking for the closest I can get to a stock look all around. Would like some that have the WR or WR450F on it etc.

What are my options? I've looked at the websites for most places you guys talk about here but havent found anything but YZF or 2007+ WR decals.

Thanks guys.

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 14, 2008 - 01:56 PM

check out one industries for graphics... I had some on my 04', I think they were the "Alpha" line. Anyway, they said WRF on them but more importantly, they were best "sticking" graphics I ever bought for that bike.

Good luck!

• Reedus

Posted November 17, 2008 - 08:02 PM

Nope, if you want an stock WR rear fender for the steel frame WR's, the only option is the dealer. Acerbis doesn't make them, only a YZ rear fender that still fits, but eliminates the tailight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aussieklx

Posted November 18, 2008 - 03:41 AM

for graphics, i have some on my 05 wr450f (same as 06) from ringmaster images (factory series) great looking kit IMO, factory looking very durelable too

Posted Image

http://www.ringmaste...au/mainpage.htm

• desdave

Posted November 18, 2008 - 04:03 AM

Factory Effex makes oem duplicate graphics.

• byggd

Posted November 18, 2008 - 04:56 AM

:thumbsup:

Acerbis rad shrouds from RockyMtn
Acerbis front fender from RockyMtn
Acerbis rear fender from RockyMtn

Why not contact the TT store with the pricing from RM. They will beat their price and save you some $$ :moon:

• zimak

Posted November 19, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Gave the FLU designs decal set a try.

So far I'm VERY pleased especially for the price.
$112 shipped and comes with every possible decal you could need. All fit the WR perfectly so far and even comes with extras in case you have the YZ number plate and YZF fork guards.

Will have before/after pictures tomorrow when I finish it. Have done everything except tank and shrouds....saved the hardest for last since this was my first decal job.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.