Question about 07 yzf 450

7 replies to this topic
  • wato

Posted November 14, 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi everyone i've sold my 08 crf 450 i just didn't like the bike , i've got a chance to buy a nice 07 yzf450 thats hardly been used , how will the Yamaha differ to the Honda ?

• Wyatt

Posted November 14, 2008 - 12:17 PM

The Yamaha will have good power and excellent reliability. It also also has great suspension. I think the Honda has it beat when it comes to turning. The Yamaha just wont turn in like the Honda will. I think the Yamaha is a better made bike in many ways, but the turning is a deal breaker for some.

Posted November 14, 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hi everyone i've sold my 08 crf 450 i just didn't like the bike , i've got a chance to buy a nice 07 yzf450 thats hardly been used , how will the Yamaha differ to the Honda ?

What particular things didn't you like about the the Honda?

• Wyatt

Posted November 14, 2008 - 03:16 PM

I have never owned a honda, but I have ridden them and my friends have owned them. I have seen much more valve issues on the honda as compared to yamaha. They are good bikes, but the yamaha just has it beat in reliability. I still think the Honda has it beat in the turns.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted November 14, 2008 - 06:41 PM

I would say that a Yamaha is a much safer bet it the used 4 stroke bike market. They make a more dependable bike than Honda.

• YamaLink

Posted November 15, 2008 - 06:22 AM

My friend sells used bikes on the side and he says for the past 5 years a used Honda CRF is very, very difficult to unload even if it had stellar reviews. Yep, the valve situation. But the likes of an 07 YZ450F which did not have stellar turning out of the box sells. Why? Reliability, reliability, reliability. When someone is trying to save a lot of money on a used motorcycle the last thing they want is a major expense, obviously.

But coming from an 08 CRF450 I do not think it'd be a forward move and maybe not even a lateral one.

• grayracer513

Posted November 15, 2008 - 10:48 AM

There is also the matter of simple market saturation. In San Diego County, the Trader magazines on a given weekend will have several pages of CRF's for sale, while there will be no more than 10 YZ450's of any age, total.

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted November 15, 2008 - 01:32 PM

The YZ won't turn as good as a Honda, that's true. It is more stable than a Honda, which is good in whoops.

To make my YZ turn better, yet still keep excellent stability, I raised the forks 5mm in the triple clamps, put a good front tire on, and jacked the rear sag to 95mm. It still won't turn like a Honda, but it turns better than stock and still has that straight-line prowess.

For a 4T, it's also claw-hammer reliable. Keep fresh oil and oil/air filters in the engine, check your valve clearance once in a while, run 91 octane fuel, and ride the bike!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.