Looking For Radiator Dimensions

4 replies to this topic
  • pitchblack7

Posted November 13, 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hey, I was wondering if somebody could do me a quick favor. I'm using a yzf450 engine for a small race car application (FSAE for those who are familiar) and need to know the height, width, and depth of the radiator cores for sizing out some custom ones. Thanks in advance.

-Andrew
http://www.sae.stuor...p?album=formula

• grayracer513

Posted November 13, 2008 - 03:09 PM

First, we need to know whether this was an engine from a YZF450 quad, or from a WR450 motorcycle. From the pictures of the engine, it's clearly not a YZ450F bike engine. If you'd like the dimensions of the quad radiators, go to www.atvtalk.com and post there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pitchblack7

Posted November 13, 2008 - 06:13 PM

You are right the engine is actually from a YFZ450, but I'm looking to run two radiators like the bike so that is why I am asking here. The water cooling needs between the two engines are close enough for my purposes.

-Andrew

• grayracer513

Posted November 13, 2008 - 10:18 PM

The core of the '06 YZ450 radiator measures about 5" wide, with two rows of tubes spaced 5mm apart (the core is about an inch thick), and is 9 3/4" tall.

• pitchblack7

Posted November 13, 2008 - 10:26 PM

Thanks. I appreciate it.

-Andrew

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.