2004 wr450f bucking in top gear @ low RPM's

21 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 30, 2014 - 06:51 PM

Bucking? In top gear at low RPM? Downshift.

Jetting/ignition changes will not solve a 'problem' that really does not exist. You have a race bike, not a cruiser. RPMs should be above 6K most of the time.

I run my '08 WR from 3500 to 6500 most of the time without issue.

The carb tuning, TPS adjustment, and new ignition was necessary to get it to run clean at all rpms.

I don't know what the OP is trying to describe, as he is not being specific enough about the problem, his jetting, throttle position, etc etc, and seems to be really confused about just what is bike is.

I would recommend him getting a SERVICE MANUAL from the Yamaha website, and to study it a bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DonnieD

Posted October 02, 2014 - 11:18 AM

Mine is an 05 with jet kit and it did what I would consider bucking as well. Only at a certain lower RPMs in 5th gear and when I held the throttle steady. I am sure I could find the thread with the details of my experience if I looked. But my fix was installing a cush drive and now it's smooth everywhere.. 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.