Numbness in Fingers after Broken Collarbone

4 replies to this topic
  • wato

Posted November 12, 2008 - 02:21 PM

I broke my right Clavacle in a mx crash about 5 weeks ago it seems to have healed well with no pain and full movement , the hospital did not plate it just left it to set on its own ,as it healed my 4th and 5th fingers have a semi numbness a very strange feeling ,i have full stength , I didn't notice this when i first had this injury , have i done permanent damage or can it be treatable ?

• Brainflex

Posted November 12, 2008 - 03:22 PM

I recently fractured my scapula and seperated my AC and have the same numbness/almost pins n needles to my 4th n 5th fingers. My physio recommended some exercises to work the tendons for as they can get pinched or strained by the injury. The exercises helped me so maybe go see a physiotherapist.

• DrMark

Posted November 12, 2008 - 07:07 PM

numbness occurs either because of direct injury to the brachial plexus, or a manunited fracture and its associated healing bone callus impingeing on the brachial plexus.

In the case of an AC separation, it from traction on the nerves as the arm is no longer supported by the clavicle.

Both of these situations require operative repairs.

• ScottyJFZ1

Posted November 12, 2008 - 07:42 PM

I had numbness in my hand after I broke my clavicle...I had full range of motion and nothing hurt but had the numbness...so after talking to Dr Mark I agreed that my clavicle should be repaired and put back to its correct anatomical position with a Ti plate and bone graft....that was back in feb '08...today110% recovered no numbness and feels like I never broke it..

Get it fixed.....:thumbsup:

• GP

Posted November 13, 2008 - 11:05 AM

I can tell you from experience both ways, I felt a lot better with a plate holding things together in the correct position. Now I have a malunion in progress and have odd pains in my right arm and pressure on occasion. Getting it fixed ASAP I suggest you do the same.

Related Content

Wiki
No More Blistered Hands! - last post by mxwink509

No More Blistered Hands!

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Serious about health & fitness? by Bryan Bosch

General   General Forums   Health & Fitness
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Things I learned in my first two hours on a dirt bike (Long) by Scootterass

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  40 replies
Wiki

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Stuck WFO by DirtRider500R

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  53 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.