My Review Of Moose Tall Seat

I purchased a full seat replacement from Moose, $89 thru my local dealer. At first I though the seat seemed to be too firm. However I soon found the seat to be very comfortable. The tall aspect has increased my comfort by allowing me to sit higher with less distance to standing. This really compliments my Thumper Racing 1.5" bar risers, making for great cockpit ergos/

It is also slimmer than my original seat and my Chaparall ordered soft seat foam and N-Style gripper seat cover, IMS seat base combo, not to mention cheaper.

For a good price you get good quality.

No rips with quite a few crashes at race speed. I give it a thumbs up. My 2 cents.

Originally posted by Team Oatmeal Pie:

I purchased a full seat replacement from Moose, $89 thru my local dealer. At first I though the seat seemed to be too firm. However I soon found the seat to be very comfortable.

No rips with quite a few crashes at race speed. I give it a thumbs up. My 2 cents.

Ditto.

I think the firmness is a good compromise. I think the cover they use is a perfect compromise. Not as tacky as a pure gripper, but not slick like the stocker. You can hang on to it like a gripper (extra area and “cush” of taller foam also helps) but it is more comfy on long rides.

I like taller foam, any kind, not for its comfort but because I like having more to hold onto, standing (w/ my knees) or sitting (with my rear). I’ve a few different gripper covers and a few different taller foams but I think I like the Moose/SDG the best. No staple gun required (that may be its nicest feature).

I use the Thumper Racing 1.5" bar risers, they bolt right into the stock triple clamp and cost around $80-90 dollars. They also make a 1" riser too. Cheaper than replacing your whole triple clamp. I have crashed my brains out (think bike going end over end) and the risers have never shown any sign of weakness. I have snapped my renthal regular size bars off right at the clamp and the riser was solid.

Over all its a cheap and necessary mode if you are tall. The benefit being you can stand up with out being bent over, which results in wasting lots of energy.

I am 6'3" tall with long arms and legs. I might mention again I feel this mod is a must have, in terms of allowing me to ride with out being cramped.

The fastway pegs are my next purchase.