Chain to short

3 replies to this topic
  • MaddogYZ

Posted November 11, 2008 - 08:27 PM

I just got my new chain and sprockets and I can't get the master link in. I went up 1 tooth on the rear to a 51, stock 14 front, stock 114 links. I had the exact same setup on the set I just took off but cannot get the chain togther. The wheel doesn't go up any farther, I have the adjustment bolts in the whole way but the blocks won't touch them. The axle won't slid up any further, am I missing something? :thumbsup:

And I counted the new chain and old chain to make sure both were 114 links. I'm pissed.

• doctorchopper

Posted November 12, 2008 - 02:11 AM

I also had the same problem, i put a 53 tooth rear spraoket on and would not fit with the chain i had, i needed to replace the chain with a longer one, will count the links later on am at work now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaddogYZ

Posted November 12, 2008 - 05:37 AM

On the previous set I didn't put the 51 tooth on with a new chain, I woulnt have thought the did o-ring chains stretch that much to now a new chain won't fit. I think the caliper is what's keeping me from sliding the wheel any further so I can get the chain together.

• MaddogYZ

Posted November 12, 2008 - 07:11 PM

Well theres nothing else I can do but send it back and exchange it for a 116 link chain. I guess if it stretches and gets to long I can take a link out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.