Scotts Steering Damper

4 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted June 28, 2002 - 04:21 PM

I just received my Scotts Steering Damper/Triple Clamp/Bar set but have a couple of questions.

I noticed next to the Sweep valve, on the left side of high speed valve, there appears to be a hole that was partially tapped and/or drilled with what looks like an attempt to plug it. (If sitting on bike with damper mounted it would be on right side of damper)

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on the side of their Damper too or is this a quality control/Ooops I screwed up issue? If this is normal I won't bother requesting replacement.

Looking at my stock triple clamp, it is apparent I will have to remove the stock tripometer as there aren't any holes to attach it on the new Scotts Triple clamp. Or is there another way I could keep the tripometer ? I have a Panoram but want to keep the stock one for a while.

If I have to remove....
I recently read on here (damn I can't find it anywhere) regarding a sweet Speedo hole plug. Any help finding the link to company? It was something like bikespeedoplug.com or something like that.

Thanks for your help/replys !
Fryboy

• YZ400Court

Posted June 29, 2002 - 09:01 PM

I just checked my damper and see the same hole next to the sweep adjust, i would suspect it is supposed to be there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted June 29, 2002 - 09:26 PM

If you specify the triple clamp is for a WR, Scotts includes (or *should* include) an extra bracket that allows you to mount your stock odometer to the front number plate bolt hole.

• SoCalWR426

Posted June 29, 2002 - 02:15 PM

I think it's Zip-Ty that makes a plug/dust cover that your looking for.

SoCal

• Bill

Posted June 29, 2002 - 04:13 PM

Or you can buy the YZ spacer and seal....much cleaner :) to replace the drive unit.

Just my .02 cents and yes I'll take change :D

Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.