xr650r wet weight.

7 replies to this topic
  • attatoy

Posted January 18, 2003 - 01:16 PM

I am getting ready to buy a bike and can't find the wet weight listings.....i searched but to no avail. anybody?

• gtms34

Posted January 18, 2003 - 01:59 PM

I'll bet it's right at 300lbs. I think my '00 was rated @ 277 dry. Add 2.6 gallons of fuel, coolant, oil and there you have it.

• stonewall

Posted January 18, 2003 - 05:40 PM

According to the May 2000 issue of Dirt Rider the 650R weighs in at 302lbs. full of gas and ready to ride.
Suzuki DRZ400E=295 lbs
KTM520 E/XC=272 lbs
Husaberg FE600E=285 lbs
Honda XR400R=278 lbs
Yamaha WR400F=276 lbs
Kawasaki KLX300=271 lbs
Regardless of what anyone says, none of them are real lightweights.

• attatoy

Posted January 21, 2003 - 02:00 PM

thanx guys...that is exectly what i wanted to know.....have any of you chaps rode a tuned drz400e and if so what did yo think compared to the xr?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rokatt88

Posted January 21, 2003 - 02:27 PM

If you are riding in tight techical areas I guess you could consider the DRZ. But if you are riding in more open areas, why would you want a bike that weighs as much as a BRP and have Richard Simmons (wimpy) :) power? The amount of mods necessary to make it run with an uncorked Pig would turn it into a grenade! Viva Le Differance!

• attatoy

Posted January 21, 2003 - 02:32 PM

thanx again guys...this is going to be a sm bike...but i want to off road it as well....thanx i will post a few other questions

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 21, 2003 - 05:35 PM

I owned a DRZ400 (fully tuned beyond "E" specs) and the 650R simply BLOWS it away power wise. They feel the same weight wise, but all bets are off once you twist the throttle. Just ride an XR650R and you'll know what I'm talking about. Imagine wheelies in 4th gear at over 100 km/h off the throttle...or actual top speeds beyond 160 km/h...with HRC goodies you'll make over 60 HP at the wheel!!! When I geared my 650R to 13/48 it would easily wheelie 5th gear off the throttle. I'm talking stand up wheelies! I would never go back to a 400 after having the 650R. They just seem so weak in comparison...I ride narly woods trails every weekend with a buddy who has a WR400 and we always have a blast. He thinks my bike is overpowered though...he he he...I love it as a dual sport/woods weapon. Good luck!

• Danco

Posted January 22, 2003 - 03:39 AM

Must agree. The BRP is much more bike than the Z. My bud rides a DR-Z and they are nice bikes but not in the same leauge as the BRP. It's no lightweight either. It is thinner through the seat tank area and has a slight advantage in really tight technical terrain. The BRP excells at everything except tight single track. That's the only reason I sold mine. We'll that plus the magic button. :D For dual sporting, desert and fast fire roading there IS no other bike. Fortunately for me I'll still be able to borrow my old pig for occasional rides. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.