Yamaha 2003 up to 2005 look

7 replies to this topic
  • Aurel Race

Posted November 11, 2008 - 10:39 AM

Hallo, i came from Germany, Europe, nearly the Lake of Constanz.
I own two Supermoto ´s (Supermotard)
the first is a KTM 660 SMC (Supermoto) with KTM SMR Replica Style
and the secornd bike is a Yamaha YZ 450 F Supermoto
excuse me for my bad english!!!!!!!!!

okay, now to my question :banghead:

Can I buy the plastik and the decor from the new modells? 2006 up to 2008... and put them to my 2003 YZ450F...???

or, I surch a realy nice decor for my 2003 Supermotard:ride: how can i buy one??

i hop you can me anderstand.

mit sportlichen supermoto grüßen! with friedly supermoto greatings:p :worthy: :eek:

• grayracer513

Posted November 11, 2008 - 10:45 AM

The only plastics from an '06+ that will bolt up to the '03-'05 is the front fender. The differences in the frame are too great to allow any other interchange.

• Aurel Race

Posted November 11, 2008 - 10:51 AM

mhhh can i not change the gas-tank ???? or is the frame to different??!!

• grayracer513

Posted November 11, 2008 - 01:25 PM

Not a chance, unless you cut out the bottom of the tank, or the top of the frame. Neither option has proved to be practical in early tests. :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • uprightchicken

Posted November 11, 2008 - 01:30 PM

I've never seen a newer graphics kit fitting the first generation YZ450f. If you had to I guess you could trim the new kit to make it fit to an extent but it wont look very professional. I would recommend looking into One Industries graphics. They make some good looking kits for the '03-'05 YZ450fs.

• Hempstead

Posted November 11, 2008 - 01:35 PM

you cant fit the number plate on the front.

• Aurel Race

Posted November 11, 2008 - 01:52 PM

yea okay and thanks, i hof, i understand that right that you say *oh i have to learn englisch better :worthy: :eek: :banghead: *

here is a picture from my bike, today i put on an K&N air-filter

and pollished the rear frame! the bail is now black :bonk:

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted November 11, 2008 - 04:29 PM

here is a picture from my bike,

And if you think your English is bad, you haven't seen mein Deutsche!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.