Edlebrock Carb/ Low-end problems

1 reply to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 18, 2003 - 06:45 AM

The Edlebrock on the '02 BRP definetly makes more power, but what about off-idle torque? Mine seems to have a lag in acceleration, and is a bit peaky. I am unable to plonk up even the moderate grades without bucking. Is this normal? I have owned XL600's and XR350's with considerably more low-end torque. I am using the FMF powercore IV and header.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtms34

Posted January 18, 2003 - 07:58 AM

I'm guessing you have changed the intake and are running a good air filter(non stock)?

Right out of the box, my Edelbrock was plug fouling rich on the bottom. It took quite a bit of adjusting to get it right. When I was done it was great.

IMO, Edelbrock had great customer service. Give them a call or there are many others on TT with Edelbrocks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.