seat foam mod

2 replies to this topic
  • Jim_M

Posted June 28, 2002 - 06:47 AM

I seem to remember reading a post on having your seat recovered and new softer/higher foam installed. If I recall right the cost was approx 100 bucks. As I have just bought my bike and used all funds on bike, oilchange, helmet (old one was trashed) and whatnot, I chose to go for it and see what I could do low/no cost.
After pulling the front half of the staples from my stock cover, I used a cheese grater to slowly remove the curved center portion of the foam thereby creating a flat area much more comfy than the original shape. (after one short ride) While it doesnt do a thing for hardness, the new shape should make the seat bearable until I can save the cash to do it "right". Who knows I may be happy enough with it to save the 100 bucks for other stuff. Barkbusters would be great!
I will update the comfort issue after the holiday, I am sure to have a definite opinion after 5 days in the woods!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted June 29, 2002 - 02:47 AM

I softened my seat by poking some holes in the foam. You can read my original post here: http://www.thumperta...f=3&t=004428&p=

Best of all, it's a free mod!!! :)

• Dan_YZF

Posted June 29, 2002 - 05:14 AM

I agree,

I've done it myself and it's good effective way to soften you seat and as a bonus absolutely free (rare mod)

my 2 cent

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dan_YZF ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.