will a 450 crank work in a 400?

3 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:26 PM

I realize that the 426 and 400 both have the same bore and pistons, with a longer stroke crank on the 450.

what is involved if I want to put a 450 crank and 426(or 450) jug and piston on my 400 bike? thanks!

• PBDBLUE

Posted November 10, 2008 - 07:33 AM

I don't think so. For one the magneto end of the shaft is totally different. Not sure about the primary gear side. Beyond that I believe the geometry may be different also (width, deck height, etc). The 400/426's share the same basic case but the 450's are different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:28 PM

Thanks, i did hear that there was an issue with the counterbalancer?

Has anyone done the swap? I really want to get a 450 crank and an athena 780~ bigbore kit!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Thanks, i did hear that there was an issue with the counterbalancer?

Has anyone done the swap? I really want to get a 450 crank and an athena 780~ bigbore kit!

if you took the time to do a search you would find your answer....

but to spell it out no you can not put the 450 crank in your 400

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.