New 08 - Finally Finished (Pics)

31 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:15 PM

Well as some of you know I bought this bike about two months ago. I rolled it off the show room floor and into my garage never starting it. After two months of working on it and waiting on parts, I finally finished I and started it (3rd kick) and took it on its first break in ride:banana:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:46 PM

Very, very, very nice :worthy:

Now go get it dirty and scratched up :eek:

What kind of stabilizer is that... did it come in a kit with the risers all anodized blue?

Just 2 suggestions

1. Better Case Saver... I've seen those stock POS break with a rock wedged in plus I sure you can get some sweet looking ones.

2. TM designs or BRP nylon chain guide.

That bike is frickin' sweet lookin' good job!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 09, 2008 - 06:01 PM

What kind of stabilizer is that... did it come in a kit with the risers all anodized blue?

the stabilizer is a GPR v2...the stabilizer and the bar rises are one complete unit...it was on my 06 but when i sold that i keep it for this bike.

Posted Image

• Guyver

Posted November 09, 2008 - 06:08 PM

It's real nice. Question: Why buy it brand new and not ride it first? I could see if you've had one before and already knew what you wanted to do with it. But, I'm just curious, not breaking it in first? Using it awhile before dumping all the money into it?

As good as it looks now, I'd hate to go out and ride it hard!

• jams229

Posted November 09, 2008 - 06:15 PM

Very, very, very nice :worthy:

1. Better Case Saver... I've seen those stock POS break with a rock wedged in plus I sure you can get some sweet looking ones.

That bike is frickin' sweet lookin' good job!

I agree with Don. The stock case saver is made of wet cardboard.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 09, 2008 - 08:36 PM

But, I'm just curious, not breaking it in first? Using it awhile before dumping all the money into it?

I knew what I wanted, a desert bike with suspension for my weight fully uncorked, piped and jetted with the proper protection as well as a dual sport.

I had an 06 with 11k miles that was dual sported and it had everything my 08 did so for me to buy a new bike and ride it stock would suck! not to mention everything on my bike was done with the help of sponsors. After selling my 06, buying the new bike and getting sponsor help, I have under 8k for everything you see and that includes the bike.

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 09, 2008 - 09:38 PM

I knew what I wanted, a desert bike with suspension for my weight fully uncorked, piped and jetted with the proper protection as well as a dual sport.

I had an 06 with 11k miles that was dual sported and it had everything my 08 did so for me to buy a new bike and ride it stock would suck! not to mention everything on my bike was done with the help of sponsors. After selling my 06, buying the new bike and getting sponsor help, I have under 8k for everything you see and that includes the bike.

So you have a plated race bike?... even better.

It pays to get the resume's out there :worthy:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted November 09, 2008 - 09:50 PM

That is one killer looking bike! How did you get a plate for it? They don't come plated, so how do you manage to get a plate for a green sticker bike?

• rubberband-man

Posted November 09, 2008 - 11:24 PM

awesome! will you list the parts you put on--specifically the gas tank--is it ims or clark?

• KennyMc

Posted November 09, 2008 - 11:38 PM

That is one killer looking bike! How did you get a plate for it? They don't come plated, so how do you manage to get a plate for a green sticker bike?

He's just kidding.:worthy:

Nice job Aaron:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIG_FAT_&_SLOW

Posted November 10, 2008 - 06:36 AM

Man black wheels look so good. Congrats on the bike.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 10, 2008 - 07:23 AM

Who said I had a plate?

awesome! will you list the parts you put on--specifically the gas tank--is it ims or clark?

I have an excel spreed sheet i will link that lists everything

Whats wrong with the stocker?

• KennyMc

Posted November 10, 2008 - 08:22 AM

[quote name='123BigcoopDawg576']Who said I had a plate?

I have an excel spreed sheet i will link that lists everything

[quote name='SJMC_DON']2. TM designs or BRP nylon chain guide.
QUOTE]

Whats wrong with the stocker?[/QUOTE]

I know you had one on your '06, but my stocker got bent to where the chain was rubbing. I went with the TM Designs one. The nylon will have much more give/take to it.

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 10, 2008 - 08:27 AM

Who said I had a plate?

Whats wrong with the stocker?

The stock chain guides are encased in metal, when they get smacked hard they bend but don't bend back causing drag and possible chain de-railment. The nylon guides are 1/2 the weight, indestructible, they take a good whack and stay straight as well as reduced friction or drag on the chain..

• KennyMc

Posted November 10, 2008 - 08:31 AM

Aaron is a bit confused.:worthy: Dual Sport to him is being able to ride during the day and night.:eek:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 10, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Aaron is a bit confused.:worthy: Dual Sport to him is being able to ride during the day and night.:eek:

Ken way to let the hat out of the bag....besides i would love to have a plated wr but as well all know it is illegal in CA:banghead:

• yz-dwg

Posted November 10, 2008 - 12:09 PM

nice bike!.......my sponser says I have to watch the kid tonite while she gets her hair done....if I'm lucky, I can get a set of tires for x-mas

• 02WR426Cali

Posted November 10, 2008 - 03:22 PM

[quote name='123BigcoopDawg576']Who said I had a plate?

I just figured by "dual sport" you meant you had a plate. My bad.:worthy:

• Strattos

Posted November 10, 2008 - 04:21 PM

Is that tank the 3.1g?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 11, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Is that tank the 3.1g?

It is an IMS tank 3.1 or 3.2 i cant remeber...its the one for the yz

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.