valve adjustment video?

22 replies to this topic
  • 35xj

Posted November 09, 2008 - 03:58 PM

i know valva adjustments have been covered. lots. but. i got ready to check the valves today, rads off etc. got the feeler gauge and generally jacked around.
the directions (from here) just don't seem to be clicking with me, dont realy want to get in their and mess anything up. so. are the ebay valve adjustment videos any good? helpfull

• davidk1200

Posted November 09, 2008 - 04:57 PM

checked out ktm talk and came across a video on youtube. just search youtube with "ktm rfs valve adjustment"
hardest part for me is finding the TDC
good luck

• Mike in Fresno

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:21 PM

free video is out there like he said.

• creeky

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:51 PM

• marv02

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Here is a link to Travis valve adj video.

I tryed it with the valve feeler gauge I purchased from my KTM dealer Travis way works better for me with out the feeler gauge.

• Travis_D-37

Posted November 09, 2008 - 05:53 PM

checked out ktm talk and came across a video on youtube. just search youtube with "ktm rfs valve adjustment"
hardest part for me is finding the TDC
good luck

Thats why I did the video. To show you don't need to find TDC to adjust the valves

• marv02

Posted November 09, 2008 - 06:02 PM

Like I said before time before last I tryed to adj my valves with a feeler gauge they end up to have to much gap in them the bike did not want to start when cold with the E-Starter and I notice it would load up when running at low RPM's I was MX the bike at the time I notice this happens in tight slow corners.

When I readjusted The valves with out the feeler gauge Travis way the bike starts easyer and with the E-Stater when cold and no loading up so far I have not MX the bike yet It mostly Wide open Desert type riding.

Oh yea Travis Many thanks for all you're Video's you have put out made made my life much easyer.

• creeky

Posted November 10, 2008 - 05:47 AM

Travis D-37..........Many thanks for your videos. Being fairly new to the KTM world, your vids have been a tremendous help. :worthy:

• ULEWZ

Posted November 10, 2008 - 12:09 PM

That video helped me alot also, but I was confused on which way to move the engine for the exhaust and intake valves. Here is a little writeup I did that I hope also helps.

http://www.thumperta...highlight=valve

• tundra61

Posted November 11, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Does anybody know if there is the same video but for the xc4 motor?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Travis_D-37

Posted November 11, 2008 - 07:49 PM

Does anybody know if there is the same video but for the xc4 motor?

We are working on it.

• ULEWZ

Posted November 12, 2008 - 01:02 PM

We are working on it.

Don't forget to say do do. :thumbsup:

• dezertpilot

Posted November 12, 2008 - 10:45 PM

We are working on it.

Nice! Im over paying $100 for my local KTM to check the valves, probably doesnt take them long and its an easy buck for them:bonk:

• kevincg

Posted November 13, 2008 - 06:58 PM

Will the method Travis shows work if I have a Rekluse auto clutch?

• Travis_D-37

Posted November 13, 2008 - 07:23 PM

Will the method Travis shows work if I have a Rekluse auto clutch?

It the auto clutch doesn't allow you to turn the motor with the rear wheel. you can pull th igniton cover and turn the motor over with the flywheel nut just as easy. and at worst you will have to buy a ign gasket

• kevincg

Posted November 14, 2008 - 05:24 AM

Thanks Travis. Excellent video BTW.

• excer

Posted November 14, 2008 - 11:06 AM

after watching the vid I'm going to try it myself for the first time. but i suffer from CRS (can't remember sh*t). so which should i do? move my computer to the garage, or do the valve adjustment in my living room?:thumbsup:

• love2strokes

Posted November 14, 2008 - 11:27 AM

is there a video for this for the rc4 (250f) motor too?

• Fastdaddy

Posted November 18, 2008 - 12:55 PM

after watching the vid I'm going to try it myself for the first time. but i suffer from CRS (can't remember sh*t). so which should i do? move my computer to the garage, or do the valve adjustment in my living room?:thumbsup:

Bring the bike in to the livingroom. Its cold out in the shop.:moon:

• Fastgixx75

Posted November 18, 2008 - 07:34 PM

im trying to adjust my valves right now, i have researched and have both videos and the manual and still cant find the right blace to be (tdc or just pass or in the overlap or whatever) Either my feelr gauges are lying to me or i just really suck!!!... i cant even get .002 feeler in between any of them!! must have watched the travis video ten times today!!! thank you for that btw...... someone give me some pointers im losing my mind!!! :moon: :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Just ordered a 2015 500EXC need Mod advice by Bethumped

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • 21 replies
Reviews

KTM 450 EXC 2014 by Chris.GVS

KTM 450 EXC 2014
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Road Legal Dirt Bike by MichaelAxelKlose

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 8 replies
Reviews

KTM 250 EXC 4-Stroke 2011 by palmpilote

KTM 250 EXC 4-Stroke 2011
  • 1 review
  • Last review by palmpilote
  • On October 17, 2014
Forums
Photo

2015 KTM 500 EXC - Dirt Rider's Impression by C6 DNA

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • 4 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.