First ride coming up..have some questions!

Over Thanksgiving I will be taking my 01' WR426 out for the first time since I got it!! Im stoked to ride this beast but had a few questions.

1. How does this bike do on gas as far as trail riding goes?

2. I notice it gets very hot at idle for any length of time (a common problem Iv read on TT), is this an issue when your moving in tighter trails where you cant go very fast?

3. For shorter riders (Im 5'9") how hard is it to control this bike in weird positions when trying to put your foot down, or stopping on hills and having to turn around?

THANKS!!

I love my 426. If you have the stock WR tank, you will have no problems. I get over 5 hours or 150 miles of rail riding depending on how hard you ride it. Do not let it sit and idle for any period of time as they do like to overheat when not moving. Make sure you are properly jetted as this helps keep it cooler but you still cannot idle for long. As for highth, Im not sure. I am 6' and do not have any problem. Be careful as the bike is a little heavy. Learn to deal with it and you will love the bike, just hang onnnnn!!!!! I would not give mine up for any thing.

I did 65 miles in total today, 30 miles of that were on road though. It cost me £4.50 in fuel, around 1 gallon. Not bad at all! :worthy:

Its the first time ive used it off road properly. I came off twice, both times in deep mud where the front dug in due to me losing speed and momentum. Im 5"9 ish and i must admit i could do with it being an inch or so lower for more control when off road on slow tight trails. Somthing ill get used too though im sure, its always the same when you jump on a new bike.

Over Thanksgiving I will be taking my 01' WR426 out for the first time since I got it!! Im stoked to ride this beast but had a few questions.

1. How does this bike do on gas as far as trail riding goes?

2. I notice it gets very hot at idle for any length of time (a common problem Iv read on TT), is this an issue when your moving in tighter trails where you cant go very fast?

3. For shorter riders (Im 5'9") how hard is it to control this bike in weird positions when trying to put your foot down, or stopping on hills and having to turn around?

THANKS!!

1. My WR400 with the stock tank will go 100-120 trail miles with no trouble, your 426 should do at least the same.

2. Very slow riding or idling will get the engine hot due to slow airflow through the radiators. Jetting on the rich side will help.

3. I'm 5'10", 180# and the WR400 is a little too tall for me. I set the rear sag at 110mm and raised the fork tubes up 15mm. This let me touch the ground more easily and made the bike feel less top heavy.