Suspension Service Intervals

1 reply to this topic
  • Easyrider

Posted June 28, 2002 - 05:18 AM

What is everybody doing for suspension service intervals? I have an 01 426 that has 15 months of active riding. How often do you guys change the oil in the suspension, and what else are you doing? Linkage service, etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 28, 2002 - 05:26 AM

Linkage, swingarm bearings (and steering bearings) are critical.

I do mine 2X/season.

I blew off my CR250 swingarm bearings. After 2 years, I had to squeeze a hack saw at 4 pivot points of the swingarm to SAW the pivot pin into pieces, so I could pull out the swingarm. The pivot pin was completely seized in the swingarm. I pounded out the bearings, races & cut up pivot pin. $150.00 of genuine OEM Honda parts fixed the matter.

Now, I just pull out my pivot pin, slap grease on it and the bearings, and stuff back in the hole. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.