Swingarm bolt removal for greasing

2 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted November 08, 2008 - 09:02 AM

Hi, i spoke earlyer of the greasing prosedures for an brand new bike before the first drive and other vise its sounds as an good idea but the swing arm bolt is perfectly sealed and wery tuff to take out and i am thinking of mayby skip the removal for the posible damage for the bolt...because these mechanics here dont give a dam, and might just use some big screwdriver and sledge-hammer and just beat the crap out of the bolt to get it out and after that i might face the possibilty of having to replace the bolt eawen minor damages are allowing dirt and water to get in the bearings...not worth it
:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtxkid

Posted November 08, 2008 - 09:57 AM

Hmmmmm
Good Question
Do you have a manual
Need to take the preasure off of the swing arm from the shock pushing on it.
sorry i am not much help
OH and check to make sure there is no side play when you get done.

• xorron5

Posted November 08, 2008 - 10:20 AM

And maybe i have understood it wrong and the BIG swingarm bolt doesent need to punched out, that the greasing is only for the outer bearings...
i read the prosedures on paper but havent seen that particular thing in a picture...:worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.