FMF 4.1 vs Powercore

5 replies to this topic
  • CanadianWR450

Posted November 08, 2008 - 08:08 AM

I got a 04 WR 450, (Free mods done, rest stock..)going to freshen it up over the winter...
Going to put a pipe (slip on) on while I;m at it, and have it pretty much narrowed down to the 4.1, or the powercore.

No EPA laws here, don't care about noise, don't need a spark arrestor, and I don't really care about weight, bike is a fun / trail beater...

I called FMF and they actually recommended the Powercore over the 4.1, based pretty much on the price difference alone. Price not really a issue as far as slip on's go....

Anyone have any real world comparisons for me?
I would be looking for more bottom end/mid range over top end.....

• KJ790

Posted November 09, 2008 - 07:02 AM

If price isn't an issue, then the factory 4.1 is what you want. The powercore mimics the stock YZ exhaust, while the factory 4.1 actually gives power gains across the RPM range, but mainly a strong bottom and mid with a little extra on top.

• simica

Posted November 09, 2008 - 11:11 AM

If you get the less expensive pipe, spend the extra money on a YZ exhaust cam. The combination of the new pipe and cam will wake up your bike beyond belief. I have done this with my '05 and I am a happy camper!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrzDasher

Posted November 09, 2008 - 03:54 PM

look at yoshimura their trc comp full systems are 300 bucks, seems pretty cheap to me, i have the carbon slip on(came with the bike) nice sound

• CanadianWR450

Posted November 11, 2008 - 02:14 PM

Cool, thanks for the info...I'll likely go with the 4.1, and the other threads saying after market/YZ intake cam, Hi comp piston, and stock ex cam got me interested as well...since I'm going to be in there.....:worthy:

• tribalbc

Posted November 11, 2008 - 03:40 PM

Cool, thanks for the info...I'll likely go with the 4.1, and the other threads saying after market/YZ intake cam, Hi comp piston, and stock ex cam got me interested as well...since I'm going to be in there.....:eek:

Let us know how it goes :worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.