Brake Bleeder Replacement????

5 replies to this topic
  • jmckinney

Posted November 07, 2008 - 10:41 PM

Here's the deal, I have a 2001 YZ426 and I can't get the front brake to bleed and yes, I have searched all the forms... I have tried the traditional pumping, holding the caliper above the master cylinder and reverse bleeding using a surenge. I rebuilt the master cylinder and caliper, and yes it was done properley. The only reason I can figure why the brake will not bleed is due to the bleeder itself. When losing the bleeder the threads are sloppy and the bleeder moves around, do you think this is my problem??? Have you ever heard of replacing a bleeder screw by retapping??? Any help will due..

Thanks..

• desert-rat660

Posted November 08, 2008 - 06:46 AM

no fluid will come out? do u have dirt down in the bleeder

• gtxkid

Posted November 08, 2008 - 06:58 AM

Take a look at it when you get it out.
Just clean it.
Is your brake hose pinched shut from the clamp or something.
go up top and fill master and crack the line that comes out of it to bleed and check first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mywifefarts

Posted November 08, 2008 - 10:02 PM

This might seem silly but it can't hurt to try. If you do have a ton of air in your system you could be pumping all day. assuming that all is well with your bleeder and nothing is pinched off, with the master cylinder full of course, try opening the bleeder and letting it sit for a bit. This method works for me every time when nothing else will. It could take possibly 5-10 minutes of standing there and watching.
But it should start to flow through the bleeder.At that point you should let it flow until half the master cylinder empties, then fill and pump the lever. It should get firm quickly.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 08, 2008 - 10:23 PM

This might seem silly but it can't hurt to try. If you do have a ton of air in your system you could be pumping all day. assuming that all is well with your bleeder and nothing is pinched off, with the master cylinder full of course, try opening the bleeder and letting it sit for a bit. This method works for me every time when nothing else will. It could take possibly 5-10 minutes of standing there and watching.
But it should start to flow through the bleeder.At that point you should let it flow until half the master cylinder empties, then fill and pump the lever. It should get firm quickly.

When I said to let the fluid flow until th master cylinder empties, I meant to say let it empty about half way.:worthy: :eek: Sorry. Obveously that would introduce more air into the system.

• grayracer513

Posted November 09, 2008 - 12:45 PM

Gravity bleed it:

http://www.thumperta...701#post4680701

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.