Any places to ride at Colorado Springs CO?

25 replies to this topic
  • Gee

Posted July 18, 2002 - 11:58 AM

Cottonwood pass is not that bad, typical dirt road, some washboard, I wouldn't be afraid of taking a pop-up. We usually stay at the cabins around the trading post, either Holts, or right at the trading post, I have contact info if your interested. The USFS campgrounds will be closed in October however there is alot of open camping off of Italian creek road. I would also watch out for hunting season, I like to stay out of the woods when drunk guys are driving around on ATVs shooting at stuff. The trading post folks are very friendly, and there is gas and food there.
Just get up REAL early Saturday and make the trip, I assure you it will be worth it!

• Dougie

Posted July 18, 2002 - 12:59 PM

Looks like only the extreme southern trails are closed at Rampart. 678, and since the Horse Creek Saloon burned down, there is no reason to go down that trail. 649, that is too bad as that is a great trail that crosses the creek. Combined with 650, that was a great ride. Still, I am very please the vast majority of Rampart is open again. Yes it will be crowed but I'll just let my buddy go first :)

• endozen

Posted July 18, 2002 - 01:54 PM

Gee, yes I would like that contact information. If the prices are reasonable that offers an option to dragging the pop-up along. Thanks for the heads up on the hunting season, I'd forgotten about that.

Dougie, good call on letting your buddy go first! Let us know how the ride goes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Merfman

Posted July 19, 2002 - 02:43 AM

Originally posted by Gee:
I would also watch out for hunting season, I like to stay out of the woods when drunk guys are driving around on ATVs shooting at stuff.

Gee, I hunt. I don't drink when I'm hunting. I don't ride ATV's. You're being guilty of the same thing that we all bitch about when "them damned dirtbikers" are being bitched about.

Just something to think about.

Merf

• Old_Novice

Posted July 19, 2002 - 02:51 AM

Originally posted by Gee:
I like to stay out of the woods when drunk guys are driving around on ATVs shooting at stuff.

Sounds like most long weekends in Colorado :) but what has that got to do with hunting?

• Gee

Posted August 05, 2002 - 09:16 PM

Merf,
I'm a Colorado native that grew up hunting, my dad is a big time hunter. He neither drinks nor rides an ATV, however, during the last ten years or so, I've seen more and more hunters in the woods, many of them on ATVs, and MANY of them off the trail. If hikers see dirt bikers riding off-trail and bitch about the those darn dirt bikers riding off-trail, then I guess the dirt bikers earned the bad rap, correct? I'm just basing my comments on my observations, however a generalized statement will never include everybody.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.