Hard cold FACTS?

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 10, 2001 - 08:33 PM

I am in the process of convincing myself to get a new bike. I have been out of the country for about 6-7 years but now I am ready to go riding again. Right now I own a 91 DR400 with lots of go-fast goodies, engine and suspension. I used to be a racer (enduro and ISDE) and in fact won the Oregon State 4stroke Championship in 1992. As I don't ride much anymore I want to make sure I get the BEST bike for my money(read; I plan on keeping whatever I get for a while :) ), I read the mags, find lots of info on the YZ, but not much on the WR. Where can I get the hard facts on the WR? engine output, horsepower curves, pre and post-mods, head to head comparisons, ect Remember I am not interested in YZ numbers, only WR numbers. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michael

Posted February 10, 2001 - 10:12 PM

Check out the March issue of Dirt Bike (or was it Dirt Rider) - I understand there is a good WR test in that issue. Also, check out the older posts on this forum using the search function.

How can you go wrong?

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 02-11-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 11, 2001 - 04:09 AM

I figure you're down to either a WR426F or a KTM400 or a WR250FR.

And which one will depend on your style and size and riding location and type of riding.

I know one thing... as fast as a guy as Ty Davis is... for him to say that the YZ250F is "the bike they built for me" (because he likes it so much)... is pretty amazing.

I think the WR426F is a little too much bike for a lot of conditions.

As good a rider as you were/are.. you probably already know what is best for you.

If you have a GOOD KTM dealer close by with a good rep on parts and pricing, it's not a bad way to go.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.