4 replies to this topic
  • redrider650r

Posted January 17, 2003 - 05:54 AM

Hey guys,

I will be taking the suspension off of my BRP to take it in to Precision Concepts on Tuesday(most likely). What is the easiest way to get the rear shock off? I also have to change out the triple clamps(that should be pretty easy). thanks in advance.

• jaybert600

Posted January 17, 2003 - 07:14 AM

Just remove seat, muffler, subframe, and shock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moredesert

Posted January 17, 2003 - 02:38 PM

I need to send mine in to Precision Concepts as soon as I get some $$$. They did a great job the Blacks Race bike we raced in the Baja 1000. Let us know how it rides when you get it back.

• FooBarr

Posted January 17, 2003 - 06:00 PM

-place bike on center stand and get rear wheel off the ground
-remove seat
-loosen airbox snorkel clamp
-remove top subframe bolt
-loosen lower subframe bolts
-loosen/disconnect some wires
-gently push sub frame back and down while keeping an eye on the wires
-unbolt bottom shock bolt
unbolt top shock bolt and pull out

• qadsan

Posted January 17, 2003 - 06:18 PM

Once you get the routine down, it only takes 15 minutes to remove the entire subframe :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.