spoke wrench set

3 replies to this topic
  • mazzuca21366

Posted November 06, 2008 - 09:46 AM

It this set worth the money. I have done it the old fashioned way for years. Any thoughts?Posted Image

• Kasjok

Posted November 06, 2008 - 10:32 AM

I have it and it`s a quality tool and makes the job really simple. However, it is expensive being 100+$ and I`d say you can live happily with out it if you are not truing wheels more often then an avarage rider.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted November 07, 2008 - 10:21 AM

I have one as well. If I had the choice over again I would buy the excel brand as it has adjustable torque.

It was worth the money to find out how tight spokes were supposed to be. I found the stock yamaha rims I was dealing with to be very loose. I have two decent seasons on the bike now and the rims are still perfect. A lot of that is due to the spokes being properly tensioned.

• gtxkid

Posted November 08, 2008 - 07:19 AM

I just bought one last week when i went out to the World vet callange.
I am now looking for a truing stand.

Buy one it is also (USA made) and can always send in for (free) to have it clibrated

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.