• YamaLink

Posted November 06, 2008 - 08:20 AM

RacerX 450 shootout

• socal_sierra

Posted November 06, 2008 - 09:39 AM

good post :worthy:

• DMC707

Posted November 07, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Well -------- even without EFI, none of the pro testers seemed to bag on the Yammie too much --- just for the things we already know about (softer power delivery mainly) -- Honda is always the biggest dog to overcome in any of the "shootouts" and has been since 1983

Enough poor ergonomic issues were found with the CR that it basically just reinforces my opinion that stayin' blue is the right thing to do for me :worthy:

• desert-rat660

Posted November 07, 2008 - 06:55 PM

ill ride blue till the day i die

• RJB

Posted November 07, 2008 - 08:53 PM

For me, I'm happy with my Yammie. Besides, I can barely tell the difference between my 02 426 and my 08 450 (other than the 426 sounds better!). I can't use all the ponies it has tucked away and am too darned old to get hurt bad. Rode a buddy's KX450 and it felt good, but I'll leave it to the experts to decide which is better for their level. Me, I'm sticking with blue because I like it. Besides, I'd have to get all new colored gear if I changed :worthy:

• KAS

Posted November 07, 2008 - 10:44 PM

Its too bad they couldn't level the playing field by putting a good slip-on muffler on the YZ. All the other bikes get to breathe through a straight-through muffler.

I'm sure there wouldn't be as many "soft power" comments.

But overall looks like they had great things to say about the YZ.

• YamaLink

Posted November 08, 2008 - 05:30 AM

I hope Yamaha does not alter its power delivery too much when it goes EFI next year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cubera

Posted November 08, 2008 - 05:49 AM

The YZ got a great review! If someone takes the time to read all the whole review it would be very hard to not consider Yamaha.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted November 08, 2008 - 06:39 AM

I wonder how the Yami would do with an aftermarket exhaust. Seems everyone has the same complaint that it is soft down low.

• Holeshot12

Posted November 08, 2008 - 07:38 AM

I decided on the 09 KXF450 for 09 but you Yamaha guys indeed have the best suspension and very good quality and reliability. Also for the power being soft that is how you lay down fast lap times! Yamaha knows what they are doing. My decision was based on EFI, That is what I wanted and I feel Kawi did the best job mating the motor to the EFI.

• AnotherRedHead

Posted November 08, 2008 - 07:53 AM

I cant wait for the yami EFI bike to come out. Prob new frame and everything too.

• RJB

Posted November 08, 2008 - 09:27 PM

and the results from the Bercy SX are top 3 positions to non EFI bikes. I still struggle to justify it over my nicely jetted bike, especially when I see all the wires dangling over the place.

• rexbond007

Posted November 09, 2008 - 08:38 AM

i really don't think there is a need for yamaha to go to EFI, there only going to do it to keep up to the "others" to make sales.

they liked the quiet pipe but the bike needs one with more ponies.

• Dirty Sanchez

Posted November 09, 2008 - 09:42 AM

The only 450 I would ever consider would be the newer YZ450. I find the others a tad too much power for me off road. I'm trying to find (buy) ways to get more power from my 250F but a smarter choice maybe a detuned 450. Plus, having a quiet bike is vitally important to me.

• Justin89

Posted November 09, 2008 - 10:23 AM

i really don't think there is a need for yamaha to go to EFI, there only going to do it to keep up to the "others" to make sales.

they liked the quiet pipe but the bike needs one with more ponies.

Throw a DRD on there...there's your ponies:banana:

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.