Winter Mods!!! Who else?

17 replies to this topic
  • siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 05:43 PM

It was warm in NY so I finally got to detail the yammie and put on my FMF Ti 4.1 and megabomb header. Just as I'm done the shop calls me and the rest of my parts are in. I got the sunline V1 GYTR clutch and brake levers. I figured everyone has ASV so I want to be different. These levers are frikkin sick! Picked up a magnesium colored GYTR 50 tooth sprocket, also very sick! DID 520 x-ring chain, and msr kick stand. I'll install those bad boys tomorrow. Hopefully the budget will allow for some applied triple clamps and Hinson clutch components over the next few months. Anyone else planning on doing some cabin fever modifications?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

• KJ790

Posted November 05, 2008 - 05:49 PM

Ah, a fellow new yorker. For me cabin fever really ends up being an illness. I never know when to stop when it comes to details on my bikes. Another winter is upon us, and once the engines are rebuilt, the suspensions serviced, and all the bearings greased, the imagination begins to run wild.

• siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 05:50 PM

What part of NY are you from? Oh and by the way, you have some sick yammies!!

• KJ790

Posted November 05, 2008 - 06:05 PM

I'm from New Hartford, just outside of Utica. Where are you?

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2008 - 06:48 PM

I work during the summer to get ready for the racing season. :worthy:

• siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 06:56 PM

I'm from New Hartford, just outside of Utica. Where are you?

Newburgh. It is 50 miles north of NYC.

• siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 06:56 PM

I work during the summer to get ready for the racing season. :worthy:

Do you race SX?

• KJ790

Posted November 05, 2008 - 07:09 PM

Do you race SX?

No, he lives in California.

• KJ790

Posted November 05, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Be careful, soon you may find yourself drilling holes in all the washers on your bike...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CryoBolt

Posted November 05, 2008 - 07:14 PM

sounds sweet

• siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 07:16 PM

No, he lives in California.

Oh now I get it. Californians are frikkin lucky!

Be careful, soon you may find yourself drilling holes in all the washers on your bike...

:eek: :banghead: :bonk: :lol: :lol:
Are these speed holes? Also I heard new graphics add at least 10 hp at the rear wheel! I think I know what my next mod is!:worthy:

• siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 07:19 PM

Hey is anyone else running the sunline levers? I noticed that they sent me a short brake lever and a long clutch lever. Is this their normal setup? I think I would have prefered both to be short. Anyone else like the shorties?

• husqy360

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:25 PM

which company makes short clutch leavers?

• siscokid7

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:33 PM

which company makes short clutch leavers?

Vortex, moose, crg and alot for streetbikes. Maybe its just me but ive never used more than two fingers on the clutch lever or front brake.

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:48 PM

I noticed that they sent me a short brake lever and a long clutch lever. Is this their normal setup?

The OEM brake levers tend to be somewhat shorter than the clutch. It's typical of ASV as well.

• husqy360

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:50 PM

Vortex, moose, crg and alot for streetbikes. Maybe its just me but ive never used more than two fingers on the clutch lever or front brake.

• KJ790

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:45 AM

:eek: :banghead: :bonk: :lol: :lol:
Are these speed holes? Also I heard new graphics add at least 10 hp at the rear wheel! I think I know what my next mod is!:worthy:

The sad part is, I'm not even lying:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted November 06, 2008 - 06:05 AM

In 1973, I owned a '72 CZ 380. It was a great bike for its time, but stock 380's weighed over 240 pounds in a class where they were allowed to weigh as little as 215. So I went on a quest for the lightest everything I could bolt onto the bike (got a 3 pound fiberglass tank that saved 6 pounds over the stock steel one). I used to go shopping with an angler's scale, weighing handlebars and other parts. And, I spent hours with a drill in hand, putting holes in everything. I drilled washers, frame gussets, brake shoes, and on and on. I drilled dimples into the back side of the clutch cover, mag cover, and backing plates. People thought I was nuts. I pointed to the piles of chips on the floor and said, "you don't see those floating through the air, do you?"

But in the end, I had a CZ 400 that weighed 219 pounds with the stock frame (dry tank, ready to ride).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.