09 prices

12 replies to this topic
  • erickdj

Posted November 05, 2008 - 10:36 AM

I don't know if I've been living under a rock or what, but just today I realized how much new bike prices had gone up. A new yz450f is going for $7400 at otdcyclesports, which means that most likely my local dealer in town is selling them for close to $9k OTD :lol: :lol: :lol: :worthy: I'm so glad I bought my 08 for $6200 last year. This means that at least in the foreseeable future there won't be any more brand new bikes for me, it's all going to be used from now on.:eek: :banghead: The good thing is that the 08 yz450's are so good that I can just keep it for a long time and I won't be missing out on much vs. the new bikes. Besides, I'm a newbie at riding, so it will be a long time before I can say that I'm pushing it to the limit.:bonk: My other bike is a 2007 wr450f, which is also a damn good bike. So I guess I'm good for a good few years.

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2008 - 10:49 AM

They are almost brand new, and there are still '08's to sell. Those can't be marked down too much because Yamaha pulled back the incentives.

What some dealers do is not always easy to understand. There was one close to me that I asked for a cash price on an '06. His response was MSRP (then $7200) + tax and fees. I went and bought one for my son for $6300 OTD somewhere else. A year and a half later (Sept '07), the first dealer still had the same Anniversary Edition on the floor. I asked how much it was, and he said, "$7400, OTD. I don't know if he ever sold it.

• Family Man

Posted November 05, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Yeah some dealers are out to lunch. Theres one dealer about 60 miles from me that quotes msrp plus tax and setup etc, and thats on the year old bikes. Crazy. I bought my 07 yz450f Le from Otdcyclesports for 5799 june 07. I did ask the good local shop, about 15 miles away, first if they could come close to this price and they said that was less than they even get the bikes for. I firgure Ill give the local shop atleast a chance first, they really apreciate it.

• mazzuca21366

Posted November 05, 2008 - 11:24 AM

I paid $6,600.00 otd for my 2008. Tax and setup. That was with the incentives. Purchased in August of 2008.

• KAS

Posted November 05, 2008 - 12:33 PM

Best thing to do is buy year-old left over models.

Like, maybe buying an '09 next summer.

• mxracer206

Posted November 05, 2008 - 05:54 PM

They are almost brand new, and there are still '08's to sell. Those can't be marked down too much because Yamaha pulled back the incentives.

What some dealers do is not always easy to understand. There was one close to me that I asked for a cash price on an '06. His response was MSRP (then $7200) + tax and fees. I went and bought one for my son for $6300 OTD somewhere else. A year and a half later (Sept '07), the first dealer still had the same Anniversary Edition on the floor. I asked how much it was, and he said, "$7400, OTD. I don't know if he ever sold it.

The 06 Anniversary Edition seems to be a keeper for some dealers, sounds like he has paid it off and will keep it unless someone gives him full price for it. I think $6600 would be a great deal for someone walking in off the street.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted November 05, 2008 - 08:04 PM

I don't know if I've been living under a rock or what, but just today I realized how much new bike prices had gone up. A new yz450f is going for $7400 at otdcyclesports, which means that most likely my local dealer in town is selling them for close to $9k OTD :lol: :lol: :lol: :worthy: I'm so glad I bought my 08 for $6200 last year. This means that at least in the foreseeable future there won't be any more brand new bikes for me, it's all going to be used from now on.:eek: :banghead: The good thing is that the 08 yz450's are so good that I can just keep it for a long time and I won't be missing out on much vs. the new bikes. Besides, I'm a newbie at riding, so it will be a long time before I can say that I'm pushing it to the limit.:bonk: My other bike is a 2007 wr450f, which is also a damn good bike. So I guess I'm good for a good few years.

Yes you've been living under a rock

Yes bike prices are rediculous. If the dollar gets weaker (which it probably will) the "problem" will get worse.

You've got a lifetime supply of bikes

Where you riding this weekend?

• erickdj

Posted November 08, 2008 - 08:53 AM

Yes you've been living under a rock

Yes bike prices are rediculous. If the dollar gets weaker (which it probably will) the "problem" will get worse.

You've got a lifetime supply of bikes

Where you riding this weekend?

you're right, I've got quite the lifetime supply of bikes here :lol: :eek: :banghead: :bonk:

I'm not sure if I'm riding at all this weekend.

I've been wanting to go back to EF, but it seems like that's going to be a long term plan. There's probably snow up there by now. It sucks that I wasn't able to go ride up there with the same conditions we saw last year.:worthy:

• dschifan

Posted November 11, 2008 - 02:25 PM

Posted Image

just bought the 09 white editon at hahm motorsports for 7399 otd. thing comes pretty much done, black excels, pro tapers, wave rotors, titanium pegs, gold chain. just need exhaust.

• TapptOut

Posted November 11, 2008 - 05:26 PM

Yeah the 09's look badass

• yamaha542

Posted November 11, 2008 - 11:06 PM

soooooo nice, i really want to try one out, it would be hard to get rid of my 06, its hard to belive that there is a better bike than the trusty solid 06

• Family Man

Posted November 14, 2008 - 07:01 PM

The 09's do look cool with the black rims and swing arm without the boldt plug. But performance wise they are the same as the 08's. The leftover 08's are a solid 1,000-1500 less than a new 09. Im thinking about getting a new bike its kinda a tough disicion when you consider that a the year newer bike can fech an extra 1000 in a year or so when you go to sell it on the used bike market. Look at the resale value of an 07 4500 and an 06 is 3500 in Northern CA Bluebook.

• YamaLink

Posted November 14, 2008 - 07:47 PM

Yamaha is in a bind. Bad ecomony, their 09 isn't fuel injected, everyone knows the 10 will be, the 08 was a stellar performer, and while the 09 is still a great machine the price increase is hard to digest for many considering the aforementioned.

All of which makes the 08 a screaming deal new and used.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.