Tire Question?

9 replies to this topic
  • Two-Six

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:07 AM

Hey guys I am about to order some tires and I can't decide between bridgestone 403 and 404's, or a Dunlop 756 front and 952 rear. I have ran the Dunlop combo before and liked the front a lot and the rear was ok. I kinda want to try the Bridgestones, but I don't know what to run. I am riding a 06 YZ450F BTW.

• Justin89

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:27 AM

I havent tried bridgestones yet but I like that dunlop combo. Try ordering the Dunlop 756RR front/rear (Race Replicas). Order them from Chaparralmotosports (google it) and they are about $5 cheaper than the regular dunlops...they only have a limited supply, that's why they are al little cheaper. The Dunlop 952 last a lot longer but for me, it dosent have the best side traction. Good luck!:banghead: :eek:

*The RR's are legit stuff!:worthy:

• guitarnut57

Posted November 05, 2008 - 09:29 AM

My favorite set-up for MX is a Dunlop 756 front with a Bridgestone 404 rear.

If you are on a budget, buy the 952 rear (wears very well-3 hard rides on mine and the knobs are just barely starting to round). The 952 is a great rear tire and hooks-up well, but in my opinion, the Bridgestone bites a little better in the soft/intermediate stuff. Depends on your track, I guess.

• KAS

Posted November 05, 2008 - 10:08 AM

I've ran the Bridgestone combo. Excellent tires.

Rocky Mountain MC/ATV has great prices, Moto Sport's not bad either.

• Two-Six

Posted November 05, 2008 - 10:45 AM

I have found the tires cheap at Motorcycle-Superstore.com and Chaparral-racing.com. I still can't make a decision though, they cost about the same, I might go with the Bridgestones because the M403 will probably last longer than the D756.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Two-Six

Posted November 05, 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hey has anyone ran Pirelli's? I found them really cheap and would consider them if they are decent tires.

• MuDPoUNdeR

Posted November 05, 2008 - 04:51 PM

I have found the tires cheap at Motorcycle-Superstore.com and Chaparral-racing.com. I still can't make a decision though, they cost about the same, I might go with the Bridgestones because the M403 will probably last longer than the D756.

I just got the m403 and m404 combo ... I used to run Dunlop 756RR they hooked like no other! But also lost tread like no other! (I know it's a racing tire ...) I'm going of a referral from a AA Enduro rider and he said that the 404 will grip harder and last about twice as long ... :worthy:

• Kalar01

Posted November 05, 2008 - 05:26 PM

Hey has anyone ran Pirelli's? I found them really cheap and would consider them if they are decent tires.

where did you find Pirelli's cheap?

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2008 - 06:46 PM

A number of people here have said they like the Scorpion line quite a bit.

• Two-Six

Posted November 06, 2008 - 02:08 PM

I think I am gonna try them, one problem though. I am looking for a intermediate front and a mid-soft rear. I have decided on the Mid soft 32 rear, but I don't think pirelli makes a intermediate front, they make mid hard and mid soft but not just a intermediate. Can someone point out to which Pirelli tire is just a intermediate?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.