An Opinion on a YZF part ...

Does anyone know why Yamaha designed the radiator tube entrance to the pump the way they did? Its the poorest most after thought thing it seems on the bike! It alows dirt and all other kinds of crap into the groves ...

I duno it hasn't caused me problems but it has caused me time and I don't understand why they can't imitate and similar design that the 250f's have ...

GYT-5XC26-00-00x001.jpg

The design allows the quick, simple disconnection of the outlet tube from the pump cover without disturbing the hose itself, for one thing, and permits the greater adaptability of the engine to other applications.

Your complaint that it's hard to clean strikes me as being somewhat trivial, frankly. It's a dirt bike, after all. If that's the most poorly designed thing on the bike, consider yourself spoiled rotten.

Wait until your fork seals go out.

Fork Seals have become easy after servicing bikes... I have not had any problems with the way they are ... I don't know what that has to do with anything ...

The reason why I say it seems like a after thought is because looking at the body of the water pump cover it would seem that something else would be designed to cover the top rather than leave inserts open and just a hose entering the water pump housing ... A CRF has a rather clean design same with the RMZ along with the KXF.

I'm somehow missing the cheesyness angle. It seals well, is easily serviced, and is exactly the same setup as is used on the fitting at the head. It functions flawlessly, causes no service issues, and actually prevents some others. It's not the most beautifully rendered thing on the bike, but it's a long way from seriously ugly, and it's one of the last things I see when I look at the bike.

:worthy: I guess I just don't get it.

I'm somehow missing the cheesyness angle. It seals well, is easily serviced, and is exactly the same setup as is used on the fitting at the head. It functions flawlessly, causes no service issues, and actually prevents some others. It's not the most beautifully rendered thing on the bike, but it's a long way from seriously ugly, and it's one of the last things I see when I look at the bike.

:worthy: I guess I just don't get it.

I agree completely with your analysis of the part's functionality...it is a perfect example of form following function and while I don't think it is necessarily ugly, I do think it is cheesy looking. I have not laid awake in bed fretting over it though...

That part works fine and I know some people will say "if its not broke don't fix it." I only brought it up because when servicing the bike I would look at it and wonder if their was sapossed to be some kind of trim to go on it ... Most manufacturers of automobiles, dirt bikes, street bikes, etc ... Have a kind of 'flow' to their design ... it just seemed as though it was missing it haha.

Not a mechanical problem with it ... It's just a cosmetic thing ... haha

I also think it has another advantage to being so cheesy. If something were to hit it and break it or bend it you can replace THAT part and not the whole housing. I know, I know chances are its going to break the housing anyways but if the whole thing were cast aluminum it would be even weaker.

the yz450f is diffrent machine and this why we love it.

once a week i clean my bike to brand new like, somtimes if its mudy it takes about 3 hours:bonk:. i never had cleaning problem with this part position.

the biggest diffrent between this bike and others is the engine knocking sound and reliability.

you dont know if its normal till you ask somone that know this bike.

it look fine as is but alittle cage will make it look beastly.