Dirt bike love reflection...

2 replies to this topic
  • bultaco

Posted November 03, 2008 - 03:13 PM

Here I find myself...should I upgrade my 99 WR400 to the newest model...electric start, more power, better suspension...Upon stumbling upon a picture of my first ride from the 70's...so many fantastic memories on that little machine...little power, no suspension, a seat/height that ensured no offspring....but light and would love to be off the ground....Until something significant comes along....proven fuel injection, a 450 4 stroke that is under 240lbs that is comfortable to ride for hours...my steed is going to get an autodecompression exhaust cam for easy starting, some bar risers, fresh oil and an loving wash...

My first ride

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted November 03, 2008 - 04:29 PM

Do you rememember the "Goodie Guard" That little leather pad with the strap that fastened between the seat and the steal fuel tank?

No matter what you put there you still smashed your goodies on every ride!

• mikeythefokker

Posted November 04, 2008 - 03:21 PM

You should ride it until you blow it up. From what I understand of the old wr400, that could be a while.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.