06 450 starting problem

3 replies to this topic
  • RER97

Posted November 03, 2008 - 02:51 AM

My 06 450 has about 20 hours on rebuild. but recently will not start unless i pull it down the road. when i get it running it stays running but it does seem to backfire alot. THe weather has cooled off but didnt have this trouble last year. the bike will start when its warm

• Smokeslider

Posted November 03, 2008 - 04:44 PM

I would check your valves first, it's easy to do. Depending on what you find out there I would give the carb a good cleaning and recheck the jetting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted November 03, 2008 - 11:08 PM

Check your pilot screw, if its turned in to far your bike will be a pain to start and will pop like crazy on decel. Is your bike Backfiring or popping? There may be an air leak in the exhaust if it wasnt installed correctly.

• buggs bunny

Posted November 04, 2008 - 07:39 AM

or bigger pilot jet ,my bike started having starting issues with like fifteen degree temp change?

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.