New WR450s

1 reply to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 16, 2003 - 04:30 AM

Congratulations to all of you OTHER WR450 owners. I am so happy to see other guys getting their new scoots too. I haven't ridden mine (had it a week today) yet but I am going to go out and get it muddy this Saturday, but hey, they wash. I worked on mounting my analog speedometer last night but now I have to move my headlight ahead about 1 inch. I also have to re-locate the on/off button as the speedo is a hair too wide. I will do that here at work today. I also raised the forks in the triple clamps and took out some pre-load on the rear shock. This all brought the seat hight down so that I can touch the ground.
Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted January 16, 2003 - 10:54 AM

i'm gonna have to do the same thing jim . i am 5'10"
165 lbs. i'm deffinitly gonna have to lower the seat height or strap a 50 lb weight to my back.i currently have a 97 DR435 and it's seat height is 36.2 inches compared to the WR's 39.2. it realy might not be that much harder to reach the ground cause my DR has a wide seat. i will know for sure monday when i pick my WR up !!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.