WR450 question for new owners...

7 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted January 16, 2003 - 04:22 AM

What does the ignition switch look like? Is it a key that can be removed or is it simply an on/off switch?

• WR450

Posted January 16, 2003 - 04:27 AM

It is simply a push button switch with LED to show when it is on

PS I like your new signature

• ddialogue

Posted January 16, 2003 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for the info! I plan to dual-sport mine and would like the option of having a key to remove. Know if anyone makes something like that aftermarket?

About the signature...I'm trying hard every day to remain calm. :)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 16, 2003 - 04:33 AM

The Electrex Dakar kit has a key but I don't think that they have a kit yet for the new WRs. If they did I would be an owner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted January 16, 2003 - 10:43 AM

i think it does have a key. when saban posted his intermod pics i think it showed a key hole if i remember correctly !!

• dukeboy

Posted January 16, 2003 - 06:59 PM

no it does not have a key. It is just what he said. Just a push button led light. The light goes out after it starts.

• IceBox

Posted January 17, 2003 - 05:54 AM

Is anybody familar with the DRZ keyed switch? Any ideas if that could be modified to act like the push button on the WR?

• ddialogue

Posted January 17, 2003 - 05:57 AM

When my WR gets here, I'll swap you the button for the key. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.