Just a quick Thank You to all TT'ers

5 replies to this topic
  • IDHAWKDRVR

Posted November 02, 2008 - 12:45 PM

I've been lurking on this site for quite awhile and I just want to say thanks for all the great information. A couple months ago I returned from the desert and decided I'd better graduate from my 1995 KLR250 to a 2005 WR450 while I still had some dollars in my pocket. The decision was based almost entirely on the quality of information you all have posted. I don't plan on doing the "free mods" until this spring mainly because the bike has enough "get up and go" for my current experience level. But I've upgraded the bars to Pro Tapers, Vapor computer, TT skid plate, Scotts Stabilizer, pulled the baffle, etc. I love this freakin bike more everyday when I hear that roar fire up in the mornings. Anyways, thanks again to everyone on here...:worthy:

• msgbean

Posted November 02, 2008 - 07:42 PM

where in Idaho are you?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 02, 2008 - 08:53 PM

I've been lurking on this site for quite awhile and I just want to say thanks for all the great information. A couple months ago I returned from the desert and decided I'd better graduate from my 1995 KLR250 to a 2005 WR450 while I still had some dollars in my pocket. The decision was based almost entirely on the quality of information you all have posted. I don't plan on doing the "free mods" until this spring mainly because the bike has enough "get up and go" for my current experience level. But I've upgraded the bars to Pro Tapers, Vapor computer, TT skid plate, Scotts Stabilizer, pulled the baffle, etc. I love this freakin bike more everyday when I hear that roar fire up in the mornings. Anyways, thanks again to everyone on here...:worthy:

You sound like a pretty smart man. Also, look into proper springs for your suspension and maybe a revalve. You will need that a lot more than you wil need more power. It makes a HUGE difference with the 05's. I know cause I've got one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted November 03, 2008 - 08:06 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Dont cut yourself short by not doing the free mods.Uncorking the bike makes it easier and more fun to ride.[/COLOR]

• wartsnuff

Posted November 04, 2008 - 08:52 AM

agreed unlease the beast.. and use your throttle hand to control her :worthy:

congrats on the upgrade !

cheers
Warts

• IDHAWKDRVR

Posted November 06, 2008 - 11:04 PM

Yeah thanks guys. I know I need to do the mods, the hardest part lately is digging into the bike to see what the previous owner did to it. As soon as I can, I'm going to pull the AIS (that decel pop is more of a bang and it scares me as much as the old lady on the sidewalk), and do a re-jetting with a new exhaust. As for getting the suspension tuned in, that is a definite must. The dealer said he set it for me, but after I educated myself on TT on the right way to do it, I think I'll get it tweaked by this little shop here in Boise. They have a really good reputation for their work. Thanks for the input folks, I'll be posting and watching on here for a long, long time!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.