YZ426 w/E-Line stator and HID

7 replies to this topic
  • M0SSLAGER

Posted November 02, 2008 - 10:42 AM

Guys, if I install the Eline stator with the 2x100watt outputs and rectifier on my YZ426 can I run a HID Baja Designs or do I need to stick with a halogen when not using a battery?

• grayracer513

Posted November 02, 2008 - 06:13 PM

Although it's possible to run HID lighting off of AC voltage, the ballasts of almost all commercially available HID lights for off-roading require DC. That means you will need a rectifier and a voltage regulator, and you should have a small L-Ion battery pack as a system damper.

• M0SSLAGER

Posted November 02, 2008 - 11:27 PM

The E-Line stator comes with a rectifier to convt to DC but I was told I still need to run a battery for the HIDs

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2008 - 07:34 AM

A battery is not strictly necessary, but it's a very good idea, and recommended by most HID light manufacturers to serve to keep the lamp from going out and re-igniting repeatedly at low speeds, and to help keep the voltage more constant. It doesn't have to be a very big or heavy thing. A simple rechargeable NiMH pack will do. Be sure your set up has a regulator.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shimla4

Posted November 03, 2008 - 01:50 PM

Please note all your stepps as you go thru and pic's always say a 1000 words.
I also have a 426 and was thinking about adding some lights for when dark cathes you on your way to camp.

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted November 06, 2008 - 07:44 PM

Where are you finding the e-line stator?

• M0SSLAGER

Posted November 06, 2008 - 09:38 PM

friend has 1 left he is selling... had 5 (new)

• M0SSLAGER

Posted November 12, 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well I just installed my E-Line stator and had Baja Designs build me a single 8 inch racelight with a 100watt halogen bulb. I also got a clear and a yellow rock guard. Hooked it all up tonight and DAMN! This thing is way bright. I think its brighter than the 2 7" HIDs on my Rhino. I still have an extra lead to add another 80 watt light too.... don't know why I would ever need it.

Now I have a new problem. I have oil seeping out of the inspection cover on the E-line stator cover. It gets to a drip at operating temp. I can't find another paper gasket as these units are discontinued, so my question is can I just use high temp RTV silicon gasket maker for this particular gasket? Has anyone had any luck with this on an external stator cover or the factory cover?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.