Budget hop up for a 450???

2 replies to this topic
  • ready fredy

Posted November 01, 2008 - 04:52 AM

I was wondering if any one has tried the old 426 cams in a 450??? I know it would only work for someone who has taken out the electric start system and install the manual decompression system but the old cam are definitly hotter than the 450 cams in the upper range .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 01, 2008 - 06:20 AM

I think you may have a problem getting thin enough shims for proper valve clearance. The older cams have a much larger base circle. Frankly I think the '03 - '04 YZ cams are the most radical stock cams.

• MaxPower

Posted November 01, 2008 - 06:21 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I installed the YZ cam in my WR
It made the bike run so good. Other than the pipe, it was the easiest thing to do that made a huge difference .
They should have sold the bike with that cam in it. The WR cam in my opinon didnt make it smoother to ride, it just made it run worse.
These bikes are so heavy, the more power my motor made, the easier it was to get it through the woods.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.