To all the PowerNow "Haters" out there.....

29 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted January 16, 2003 - 10:16 PM

Actually to come clean I do have one on order. Figured I would try it and see what all the hoopla is about.

• ratbiker

Posted January 17, 2003 - 08:02 AM

I read an article in dirt rider(feb issue-page 152)how the power now "absolutely transformed the yz250f better response,power and better starting" :) :confused:Might be worth the try no info on 426.

• sabin

Posted January 20, 2003 - 12:14 PM

BrandonW,

can you, or someone else having power now make more pics, front and back to see how exactly to make it. Is the plate leveled on the back and how much does the plate project in front? what is the plate thickness?

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 20, 2003 - 03:33 PM

Is the plate leveled on the back and how much does the plate project in front? what is the plate thickness?

Bingo! Exactly what I ask!!

• beezer

Posted January 20, 2003 - 03:59 PM

Ymaben had the right idea, put the thing on the dyno with the Powernow and without.

Kevin, "ride free or die"?

Does that mean I get killed if I pay gate fees in NH?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted January 20, 2003 - 08:49 PM

Yes, but maybe you must make dyno tests opening the throttle by half, as powernow is not working at WOT. You can use long throttle stop...

• MOmilkman

Posted March 12, 2003 - 11:30 AM

Not sure if it will appear at our test track or not, but a group of my riding buddies have a 3 mile off-road desert loop that we are riding at during these winter months. We all have our individual "Overall Best Time" around that loop, and I am heading back out there on Saturday. If any of my times comes in under 7:41, I know what I am going to attribute it to. If I come up longer than 7:41, maybe the this new device did nothing

So Brandon, What was the result? :)

• BrandonW

Posted March 12, 2003 - 11:35 AM

7:31 is now my fast time... :)

But, my buddy Nick has thrown down a 7:24, so I am still working on it.

• MOmilkman

Posted March 12, 2003 - 11:57 AM

cool. :)

Gotta get this thing done! :D

• Jim_bo

Posted March 13, 2003 - 06:54 AM

Hey... it might be snake oil offering nothing more than a placebo effect. However, the JAMESNOW version is practically free! So, its like chicken soup for a cold. It may not help, but it damn sure isn't gonna hurt!

Jimbo

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.