2007 WR450f anyone fit Rox risers 1 1/8 bar thickness with 2 1/4 inch risers?

8 replies to this topic
  • Morty

Posted October 30, 2008 - 08:47 PM

2007 WR450f anyone fit Rox risers for a 1-1/8 bar with 2-1/4 inch rise? If so do the stock cables fit or is there any fitting issues? I searched the Riser threads and lots of people like them but I saw no bike specific fitting reviews. Thanks for your help, Morty.

• tweav

Posted October 31, 2008 - 02:59 AM

I have not installed those ,but I did put a scott's submount with the stock bars it's like a 1.25 inch rise . and my cables were tight . I got a 2 inch longer clutch cable and rotated my throttle around so those were no longer too tight.

so I'm going to say it will not fit with a stock clutch cable .

• Morty

Posted November 03, 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have not installed those ,but I did put a scott's submount with the stock bars it's like a 1.25 inch rise . and my cables were tight . I got a 2 inch longer clutch cable and rotated my throttle around so those were no longer too tight.

so I'm going to say it will not fit with a stock clutch cable .

Thanks, I had a sneeky suspicion it wasnt going to work.......Not without new cables.....thanks alot for the reply.

• tribalbc

Posted November 04, 2008 - 07:29 AM

I have some cheap tusk 1 1/2" risers on my bars of my 07 with no issue. I also have them forward at the +2 position. I know from experience with snowmobiles that you can get away with alot of rise if you're willing to turn the bars forward. If you're really tall this makes for a better standing position anyways.
My cables still have some room with this setup so it might be possible to fit the 2 1/4 though I'm not familiar with these risers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Morty

Posted November 06, 2008 - 09:16 PM

I have some cheap tusk 1 1/2" risers on my bars of my 07 with no issue. I also have them forward at the +2 position. I know from experience with snowmobiles that you can get away with alot of rise if you're willing to turn the bars forward. If you're really tall this makes for a better standing position anyways.
My cables still have some room with this setup so it might be possible to fit the 2 1/4 though I'm not familiar with these risers.

Well thanks alot I will have to have a look at those . I agree the up and forward is a lot easier to stand up and ride as well as it seems to change the way the bike handles-a lot easier to lift the front wheel and stay in control, thanks. made the ole DR wake up thats for sure!

• tweav

Posted November 07, 2008 - 01:54 PM

I know there is no way it would have gone that far on my bike . to get mine to work for awhile I had to reroute the cable and it still slipped the clutch when you turned the bars fully to the left. I have mine at forward +1 . the good news is the custom length cable was only 45 bucks from motion pro

• jmesserer

Posted September 08, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Morty - Would you might reporting what you found out & what direction you went? I'm looking at options to raise stock bars on a 2007 WR450F as well and was considering Rox.

• RMK800

Posted September 08, 2014 - 01:09 PM

You realize that this thread is 6 years old. You would be better off trying to message him.

Edited by RMK800, September 08, 2014 - 01:10 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 08, 2014 - 02:44 PM

If you re-route the cables they will work, but not at full lock.....throttle cable gets pulled.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.