Fuel Screw, quick question.

4 replies to this topic
  • rmzRacer293

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:24 PM

I have a MSR quick adjust screw on my carb. pulled the carb off to clean it the other day. and put it back together. but i didnt put the screw in untill the very end when the bottom of the carb was all back together. and now it dosent feel or turn as smoothly as it used to. do i have to put the screw in before i put the bottom of the carb back on? or atleast loosen it? its probably been answered a million times but i searched didnt come up with anything very quick. need to get it done pretty quick. thanks!

• WB450

Posted October 29, 2008 - 06:22 PM

You can't install the fuel screw before the float bowl is bolted up, it sounds like you have something in the threads. I would make sure the o ring is installed correctly. Make sure you don't have it cross threaded.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmzRacer293

Posted October 30, 2008 - 06:19 AM

thanks.

• rmzRacer293

Posted November 03, 2008 - 12:57 PM

so correct me if im wrong but shouldnt the o-ring and spring come out with the screw if the float bowl is completely off? or is there some way it can stick up in there cause mine did not.. only the washer. thanks

• WB450

Posted November 03, 2008 - 02:42 PM

It can get stuck.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.