Will a stock non-oring chain last 180mi in sand?

2 replies to this topic
  • R_Little

Posted October 29, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I ride a WR400 with a 444 kit.

I noticed my DID 520v chain was toast.
I had a slightly used renthal CS and a Sunstar aluminum rear sprocket in my parts box.

I also have a stock DID non oring chain (520 DMA2 I think) off a late model CR that was replaced with an oring chain and never used.

Question is: Is it okay to use a non oring chain on a big bore bike? Will it last for 2 days....180 sand miles total?

I really do not want to stick a brand new 0-ring chain on anything but brand new sprockets, but will if I have to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qwik12beat

Posted October 29, 2008 - 01:03 PM

I dont think my chain would last 180miles in the dirt.:lol: Dont risk it. Why take the chance of finding out it wont hold when your in the middle of nowhere. Honestly i think it will last, but if it where me i would pick up a o-ring chain just to be sure.

• R_Little

Posted October 30, 2008 - 06:03 AM

I put the o-ring chain on.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.