WR400F dual sport tires.. help!

30 replies to this topic
  • Alternative

Posted November 12, 2008 - 04:48 AM

ya i looked at the dunlops cause everyone says their nice but the dont make em to fit my bike :/ and the kendas are just too cheap. i think my life is worth more than 20$ a tire. lol

What? On their website they list a 90/90-21 for the front, and a 120/90-18 or 130/90-18 for the rear, both of which will work without a problem. Are you running a 19" rear wheel by any chance? If so you may find it hard to find a decent dual-sport tyre, as 19" rims are generally only used for motocross.

• Regalman

Posted November 12, 2008 - 06:24 AM

and the kendas are just too cheap. i think my life is worth more than 20$ a tire. lol

I dunno... I come from the land of DRZ's and there are a tons of people running the Kenda Trackmaster II's as 80/20 tires. I know what you mean about 'cheap' and I would never run them on my street bike but I have no fear running them on my dirtbike.

What is the worst that could happen? The tread flying off at speed? Since they are tubed, its not like a blowout is really gonna happen.

In my not so humble opinion, the 606 is the best 50/50 tire and the TMII is a dang good 80/20 tire... if you insist on running DOT legal tires.

• winter12

Posted November 12, 2008 - 06:20 PM

i think im going to go with the Michelin AC10 enduros

Man this tire has a cool tread pattern. Once my Dunlop 606's wear out I want to try a diffrent DOT tire other then the Kenda 760. Any other suggestions?

• taycam

Posted November 14, 2008 - 06:54 PM

i run Pirelli MT21...ok on pavement and pretty good off road...a fair balance

• bwardipi

Posted November 15, 2008 - 12:52 AM

Trail Wing TW 301 and 302's are great. Good amount of nobbly for dirt, excellent on road with dual compound (hard centre, soft edge). Really are a great tire... got them on my DRZ, and now about to go on the WR. Good price too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted November 16, 2008 - 02:41 AM

Running a Dunlop D606 in the back. Grip on Tar has surprised me

• creeky

Posted November 16, 2008 - 06:10 AM

Have you checked out the Kenda Washougal K775? One of my buddies is running them on his KTM 525EXC and and is impressed.

http://www.kendausa....rtjuly_2008.pdf

• tribalbc

Posted November 16, 2008 - 07:17 AM

I just noticed the other day that my Washougal Sticky in the rear said DOT :thumbsup:
Good bonus if you're worried about being street legal but I don't think it will wear that great if you're doing alot of road riding.
It's my tire of choice for offroad here in BC but again I don't think it will be the longest laster as a desert tire.
The front's an amazing tire as well but it's not DOT.

• glentron

Posted November 18, 2008 - 10:19 AM

The Dunlop Looks Nice For An Aggressive Tire. Has Anyone Used These? I Currently Use The Kenda 760 And They Are Nice, But The Dunlop Looks Like It's A Little Rounder For Leaning Hard On Pavement. What Do You Guys Think?

• Ska-Cheetos

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:57 PM

Trail Wing TW 301 and 302's are great. Good amount of nobbly for dirt, excellent on road with dual compound (hard centre, soft edge). Really are a great tire... got them on my DRZ, and now about to go on the WR. Good price too.

yea another guy told me about those and said they worked great on and off road and treads nice too.

• Ska-Cheetos

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:59 PM

the only reason i need a DOT app. tire is coz 1. my dad and 2. when i go to get it street legal so i can drive it they might get on me about it. but mostly coz my dad haha

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.