Changing WR400 settings to Motorcross settings

2 replies to this topic
  • Rivett

Posted October 28, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how to change the settings on my 1998 WR400 to Motorcross settings so i can go motorcrossing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted October 28, 2008 - 02:49 PM

you need to do the timing mod for starters, next you are dealing with a wide ratio (wr) gearbox, so the internal gearing will be different from a yz motocross setup, no cheap way around this, the front forks and rear shock are way softer so new springs and a revalve for them, the fly wheel is heavier, it would be cheaper and easier to buy a motocross if you are serious about racing, if you just want to mess about on the track, then i would suggest the timing mod and the suspension

Posted October 28, 2008 - 05:02 PM

I don't remember exact numbers but i think i was 8-10 clicks up on compresion. Rebound i don't remember. This was on a mellow track with small jumps. 50/13 gearing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.